Notices

LOTO Shootout question.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
How is the overall docking? Is it next to impossible to get spots at these bars or is it not too bad? Would like to make a trip at least once to the hotspots and definately check out Skaterfest. Do they raft off when it gets crowded or are you just SOL?

Also, made reservations kind of late and needed a slip so I'm at Kaplilana. Anyone stay there before?
Depends on the day and the place as to whether or not they raft off. Here is Big Dick's Friday morning after the fun run.
Attached Thumbnails LOTO Shootout question.-dicks-2012.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nate, something else to prepare for is where you're staying in respect to where you can launch your boat and most importantly store your trailer. LOTO is not at all big boat friendly or really any size boat friendly on land once you get off the main roads. The only location that I am aware of that is a public ramp which also allows short term trailer storage is PB2 (Public Beach), there may be additional locations that others may be aware of. Some of the marinas will be able to accommodate but be forewarned they charge a considerable amount of money to launch your boat for various reasons and most of them also have limited land to store trailers. Again some others may have additional information. The point I am trying to make is have a launching and trailer storage plan in place before arriving so that you are not scrambling at the last minute after a very long drive. And like most have pointed out, getting around on land can also be a challenge for nothing is really close to each other during this event.

Hope this helps and enjoy The Lake once you get here.

http://www.funlake.com/marine/ramps.php

Last edited by TW720HVY; 06-13-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered

There are actually two ramps at PB2, the second not having the docks but still a very nice parking lot and ramp, and I think PB2 offers places to leave your trailer. the second ramp is Pa Ha Tsi (I think)
Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Nate, something else to prepare for is where you're staying in respect to where you can launch your boat and most importantly store your trailer. LOTO is not at all big boat friendly or really any size boat friendly on land once you get off the main roads. The only location that I am aware of that is a public ramp which also allows short term trailer storage is PB2 (Public Beach), there may be additional locations that others may be aware of. Some of the marinas will be able to accommodate but be forewarned they charge a considerable amount of money to launch your boat for various reasons and most of them also have limited land to store trailers. Again some others may have additional information. The point I am trying to make is have a launching and trailer storage plan in place before arriving so that you are not scrambling at the last minute after a very long drive. And like most have pointed out, getting around on land can also be a challenge for nothing is really close to each other during this event.

Hope this helps and enjoy The Lake once you get here.

http://www.funlake.com/marine/ramps.php

We are going boatless. Going to look at a boat next week (hopefully) but even if I buy I am leaving it down hete. I have seen the madness that is LOTO and not sure I am ready to boat that lol.

We will drive up, watch thr shootout on the big cruise boat at the finish line, and fly back home. That's the plan so far.

Thank you all who responded though. Making this a bit easier on me and I can not eait to get up there and maybe a have a beet with a few of you all.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Good deal, sounds like a plan is coming together for you. I wouldn't miss Friday night at Dog Days and try to walk to docks at Captain Ron's at some point. It is truly an awesome event for guys like us who like fast fiberglass.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nate where you at in Clearwater ????
Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BZ
Nate where you at in Clearwater ????
Safety Harbor right next to the spa just off bayshore.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love LOTO shootout forums. My favorite week of the year. Come see me at my boat at Capt Rons and if I can get away I'll take you on a 100mph tour of the lake. A guy coming all the way from Florida to the hillbilly ozarks needs to see what it's all about!! Plus, it's just another excuse for me to burn some fuel.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I love LOTO shootout forums. My favorite week of the year. Come see me at my boat at Capt Rons and if I can get away I'll take you on a 100mph tour of the lake. A guy coming all the way from Florida to the hillbilly ozarks needs to see what it's all about!! Plus, it's just another excuse for me to burn some fuel.
Orthobam, that is VERY nice of you to offer this to Nate. Hopefully you guys can connect and have fun, that will make for a very good memory.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam

I would LOVE that!. Cold ones after on me.

When I gets closer I will PM ya my #. Would love to put some faces with screen names, thanks bud!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.