Races Leaving Key West??

Old 10-12-2013, 07:26 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kool1!
Now that's two legends together! Lol!!
Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I just acquired a personal pic autographed by Tony Stewart two weeks ago. On the wall in my office next to Clark's boat!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:48 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Hey Punk Ass is a jackoff or is that a jack-on!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KW will have some awesome racing in a few wks. Lets worry about the future in the future, right now it time to get to the big show in KW.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Figures, I finally get a boat I could do the Key West run with. In all honesty think the poker run is the main show, so hopefully not much will change.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
What paper is it in I cant seem to find it? KW still has a few yrs in their contact so if there is any truth to it won't be for a few yrs.
Frank.. it amazes me that you seem to know just about all the goings on at SBI. But have no knowledge of something like this.

http://keysnews.com/node/50555
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Registered

Bruce
Clearwater has been trying to get the Worlds for yrs. They are no closer then they were 2 yrs ago. Like I said KW has a multiple yr contact and Clearwater isnt even on the radar right now. This was talked about weeks ago on another thread.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-13-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
And if you want to see a race, Charlotte is on right now. Green flag.

My $ is on #48.
Well, that didn't work out so good. Man hate the little puke that won.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I have never been to the races in Key West but Have been to Key West many times. I Live in Clearwater and have been to the races there. While it is fun, Key West is more fun on an average day than Clearwater is at the races. The whole Tampa Bay Area has been stifled by the Fun Police. You can't wear a thong on the beach,and no I don't wear them the wife does. You can't Drink on the beach. And as of a few years ago you can't even take your dog with you to the Islands just offshore. One of the great things Tampa Bay Had was Gasparilla. The biggest drunk fest tittie flashing picture taking event of the year. That was until 4 years ago when Flashing or walking across the street with a beer would get you a ticket. I say let Clearwater have the races and all the fun people descend on Key West that week. More room for us that way.

Chris
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Here's the story that ran on speedonthewater.com on Sept. 30, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...nts-the-worlds.

Todd Swofford of sportradio1600 picked up the story and interviewed me about the topic on Friday. The interview ran yesterday at noon and 7 p.m. East Coast time. It runs today at the same times. I haven't heard it but I will today. Did any of you happen to catch it? (Yeah right, with college football on all day.)

There are two issues here: First, emotional reactions from casual and hardcore fans who love Key West—all understandable. Second, a potential business decision on the part of an offshore racing organization. I'm neutral on the subject. Certainly, if SBI withdraws and the Florida Powerboat Club's poker run continues with its typically giant boat count, there will still be an economic impact on Key West. No question. How would such a move effect the FPC run? I don't think anyone can answer that definitively.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope this doesn't happen! We just opened our new Burgerfi restaurant on Duval hoping to make it a racers-Poker runners hangout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.