Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone go down in boat size and not regret it? twins to a single? >

Anyone go down in boat size and not regret it? twins to a single?

Notices

Anyone go down in boat size and not regret it? twins to a single?

Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tinkerer been thinking of a 26daytona, have a 98 42 fountain , and am getting tired of the up keep on twins, single engine,one big engine,1 good drive, just love the fountain.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My game plan is 900 HP NA and I am building a -3 shorty this winter. This winters plans are to build the drive, replace the engine hatch that is toast and finish fixing the wiring, stereo, fixing mechanical issues and if there is enough time and $ build the motor.
I have owned the SCARAB for 18 years and am TOTALLY bored with the boat. My wife won't let me go to lake Michigan because she is terrified of the waves. The Daytona has brought back the thrill of performance boating again.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by professor_speed
I'm not looking to downsize I'm looking to go up but I don't want to go too big that it becomes a pain in the ass. I have and 18ft run about and a cruiser so I'm thinking something in-between but you see so much about people wishing they went bigger etc.
With a name like professor speed I would say you need a 25' - 28' cat ! You know once you go cat you don't go back .
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol, Yeah I want a RPM 26 something fierce. (above my pay grade at the moment/ All toys must be paid for in cash) although a few cats do pop up in my budget range from time to time.But then that bobthebuilder guy (along with all the guys that do it on jet ski's) makes me want to head down to Florida, scoot across the gulf stream and hop around the Bahamas. a small cat may not be the right vessel for that. I know LS motors inside and out so an efficient V with a pair of those might be my best bet. It seems cats in that size range for sale with out power are near impossible to find. Also insurance maybe an issue

Last edited by professor_speed; 11-10-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by professor_speed
lol, Yeah I want a RPM 26 something fierce. (above my pay grade at the moment/ All toys must be paid for in cash) although a few cats do pop up in my budget range from time to time.But then that bobthebuilder guy (along with all the guys that do it on jet ski's) make me want to head down to Florida, scoot across the gulf stream and hop around the Bahamas. a small cat may not be the right vessel for that. I know LS motors inside and out so an efficient V with a pair of those might be my best bet. It seems cats in that size range for sale with out power are near impossible to find. Also insurance maybe an issue
Yea I don't think a small cat and the ocean would work to well . Good luck in your search and follow your dreams !!