Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Big cat owners...What did you wish you knew? >

Big cat owners...What did you wish you knew?

Notices

Big cat owners...What did you wish you knew?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Your not going to get anything special for $6-700K for a new boat. The 1350's will eat up almost half of that. Figure in paint, rigging, pros, trailer, electronics and hull and that won't go very far these days unfortunately.

Not much at all. I priced 2 boats from 2 different manufactures that were smaller than mine with 700s and minimal "bling" and they were both close to $600k (one was slightly over).

I figured I could buy another 40 Skater, have it painted to match, have the same motors and same setup and still be under that with 2 boats. Kinda crazy when you think about it.

That being said…..I still want a 1 year old boat with low hours and 700s. We are all JFN in this game.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually sounds right in line with i and my friends paid, maybe on the concervative side. Especially for a new cat owner, and on the price of a new cat. Your not going to get anything special for $6-700K for a new boat. The 1350's will eat up almost half of that. Figure in paint, rigging, pros, trailer, electronics and hull and that won't go very far these days unfortunately.
I am not so sure I totally agree with that… Sometimes deals become available. You just need to be patient and wait for one to come along.....
Old 12-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxonmike
I am not so sure I totally agree with that… Sometimes deals become available. You just need to be patient and wait for one to come along.....
You might have to wait a long time for the deal that you are referring to. Not that many guys who start a build like the one you are finishing that went out the way Bruce did.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
You might have to wait a long time for the deal that you are referring to. Not that many guys who start a build like the one you are finishing that went out the way Bruce did.
True, that was a sad story however my boat was on the market for quite some time before I pulled the trigger... We all know that sometime builders get stuck with a boat they are very motivated to sell and when this happens a good deal can be had...
Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually sounds right in line with i and my friends paid, maybe on the concervative side. Especially for a new cat owner, and on the price of a new cat. Your not going to get anything special for $6-700K for a new boat. The 1350's will eat up almost half of that. Figure in paint, rigging, pros, trailer, electronics and hull and that won't go very far these days unfortunately.
Would you consider my boat not special then?
Old 12-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chattviper
I thought it was pretty dang special... It accelerates like a sport bike and drives like a dream! for an 'ol MTI that is
Old 12-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chattviper
Sorry didn't mean to hurt anyones feeling here. You have a very beautiful ride.
And Maxonmike your is not the normal situation. Maybe Blume can give us a price on a new 388 with 1350's, Herings, $50K custom paint, tilt trailer and nice electronics. I would be shocked if it was under $600K. If it is he may convince me to swich brands. lol Heck throug in Carbon Fiber and I may be back into powerboating
What I was trying to say was that $6-700K is a reasonable amout for a new Cat, nothing over the top. Most all the 48 MTI's have sold for $900K+.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

No, No....u didn't. this is all in good conversation fun! Thank you for the compliment! You are correct on the 48MTI's price...thats why i bought a baby cat!

And Maxonmike your is not the normal situation. Maybe Blume can give us a price on a new 388 with 1350's, Herings, $50K custom paint, tilt trailer and nice electronics. I would be shocked if it was under $600K. If it is he may convince me to swich brands. lol Heck throug in Carbon Fiber and I may be back into powerboating
What I was trying to say was that $6-700K is a reasonable amout for a new Cat, nothing over the top. Most all the 48 MTI's have sold for $900K+.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

did you actually say "reasonable"? There is nothing "reasonable" about anything we do!!

I am sure he didn't take any offense to your comment since Mark is an ok guy for a 28 year old

Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm curious since they are completely absent from this discussion, what does everyone think of the Eliminator 36?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.