Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014 >

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Notices

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
J Arruda- What boat do you race? The Mary Mac MTI?
correct - he does throttles.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Registered

Thanks.
It's kind of fun. Everyone's getting all upset, and I'm just laughing my ass off.
I'm glad you're having fun with it too.

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
J Arruda! I like these posts coming from you all of a sudden! You go boy!!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J Arruda
The reason why I got on Qatar's ass, was that he did very poorly, and then announced to the world how great they were in Key West. We all make mistakes. But admit it and don't go around and cut down other people's efforts.
john is absolutely correct on this. i was on a facebook debate with the qatar team where they declared they 'outperformed' mary mac and i took issue with that statement because mmac clearly completed many more laps overall than al adaam did. i guess it's an attitude thing. perhaps they believe since they pulled ahead on turn one (3rd race), they 'outperformed' mary mac. pretty silly the aloof way the qatar team was touting themselves. in my opinion, it was was a public embarrassment breaking down every single race after just a few laps. they lost a lot of new fans in kw - not because the turbine croaked, but because of their attitudes.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
That is the one ? I almost hate to ask why you ask ?
Am I in trouble again lol.
Oh not at all, I was just making sure, just for my own Knoledge so I know more of what's goin on. I thought tht was the boat.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

The ONLY classes that are worth a damn or anyone's time watching these days are Super Cat and Super Stock!! You couldn't pay me to watch more than 1 lap of any other class!! So all the turbine and Extreme guys should move to Super Cat. Cause we know they have the $$$... But I think most of them are just rich guys wanting to say they won something. They aren't real racers and competitors!!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Registered

The ONLY classes that are worth a damn or anyone's time watching these days are Super Cat and Super Stock!! You couldn't pay me to watch more than 1 lap of any other class!! So all the turbine and Extreme guys should move to Super Cat. Cause we know they have the $$$... But I think most of them are just rich guys wanting to say they won something. They aren't real racers and competitors!!
good points - but don't forget, things are heating up in the superboat and unlimiteds as well. braodco, qatar 20, stihl, whm put on really solid show downs in kw. and they are already upping their game for 2014. same for the ul class - real fast marine is dropping in 1550 hp new engines, and scuderia cazanni will also be looking to make a bigger mark in 2014 than 3rd place. cms did pretty good as well, in kw, so expect them to learn from the errors in race 3, and be tougher in 14. qatar 613 was super solid as well. i believe cintron sat out kw this year because they are also getting upgrade work done, so expect 2014 to be action packed across more classes. hope to see gasse back out in 14 too.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by foxbat
good points - but don't forget, things are heating up in the superboat and unlimiteds as well. braodco, qatar 20, stihl, whm put on really solid show downs in kw. and they are already upping their game for 2014. same for the ul class - real fast marine is dropping in 1550 hp new engines, and scuderia cazanni will also be looking to make a bigger mark in 2014 than 3rd place. cms did pretty good as well, in kw, so expect them to learn from the errors in race 3, and be tougher in 14. qatar 613 was super solid as well. i believe cintron sat out kw this year because they are also getting upgrade work done, so expect 2014 to be action packed across more classes. hope to see gasse back out in 14 too.
True- but my only point is- would you rather see 8 super boats, 2 turbines, & 3 Unlimitideds OR 13 super boats where the racing is equal?!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by CH1P
Best of Luck!

:CH1P:

DISCLAIMER! CH1P by posting in this thread under any circumstances does he or any member(s) of the CH1P family obligate any affiliation to corporate, Quatar Sponsers their crew or their FAMILIES! CH1P hereby recognizes the non use of Lamborghini motors Nor Don Johnson and wishes full well a luck statement on his be-half! BUT NOT TO SPEAK FOR HIS FAMILY EITHER!
Does your doctor need to adjust your meds????
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

True- but my only point is- would you rather see 8 super boats, 2 turbines, & 3 Unlimitideds OR 13 super boats where the racing is equal?!
Does it make much difference? The average person on the beach can't tell the difference anyways, its just a bunch of flashy boats going round and round. Its not about offshore racing anymore. its about profiting from the show. That's why offshore races are now held in lakes, rivers and ponds close to shore. Classes are irrelevant as long as the circus comes to town..
Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So true with all the money they spent to race no one or one other boat, it would of been better spent building a class that is red hot right now. Teams are building new boats for the class as we speak, and others have bought boat that were out there for next yr. The old Talking Trash boat just sold and will be running Superboat class next yr also. You could see upwards of 10 boats in Superboat for 2014 ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.