Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you think the best Cat build today is? >

What do you think the best Cat build today is?

Notices

What do you think the best Cat build today is?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

I guess everyone wears a different size shoe right! Lol... I've talked to a racer that has raced a 40 Mti and a 388 Skater, he said the Skater is his choice hands down.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong with any of them ( skater mti mystic or nortech) I have 1 or 2 of each of them, I like em all
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flight club
You can't go wrong with any of them ( skater mti mystic or nortech) I have 1 or 2 of each of them, I like em all
Because you're a whore!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Because you're a whore!
Variety is the spice of life. LOL. See you soon, i'll be in lauderdale this weekend, meet you for a burger.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Variety is the spice of life. LOL. See you soon, i'll be in lauderdale this weekend, meet you for a burger.
You better not be there to buy another boat!! Lol
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it says best cats built today, but gotta throw this in here. yall forgot about us little guys! have a 2001 htm ss24 carbon top cap that I love! many will disagree but this boat seems to be fairly efficient and accelerates like crazy. I wouldn't want to take it in big water its only 24ft. but on the river it does great, it will take the curves at 90gps and tops at 102gps with 650hp. its a budget cat but a blast to play in, not many big cats around here, cant wait to get my carson brummett 1300hp engine in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UMS...TUmwckcy6v1I7A
Old 12-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I have always been a fan of DCB for center pod boats and Skater for true tunnel. DCBs rigging and interiors are hard to beat. I am a fan of the west coast gel coat as well (not sure that the bigger DCBs are). Although I am not a fan of twin canopy boats which everyone seemed to build in the 2000s.

Skaters are also built MI which I like. On a side note what is cool about boats in general are that Most of the Bada$$ ones are built in the US. I would guess that the majority of the bada$$ accessories are too. I really dont care if they cost more (to a point).

As someone mentioned earlier, Skater with DCB rigging would do the trick!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by La/stryker
i know it says best cats built today, but gotta throw this in here. yall forgot about us little guys! have a 2001 htm ss24 carbon top cap that I love! many will disagree but this boat seems to be fairly efficient and accelerates like crazy. I wouldn't want to take it in big water its only 24ft. but on the river it does great, it will take the curves at 90gps and tops at 102gps with 650hp. its a budget cat but a blast to play in, not many big cats around here, cant wait to get my carson brummett 1300hp engine in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UMS...TUmwckcy6v1I7A
The HTMs have a cult following and there is reason for it. Not a lot has been mentioned about the smaller cats here. Almost another thread in itself...single engine cats 22 to 29ft.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

there was a 28ss and a 26 redline mentioned earlier in the thread. the redline(rpm) I have seen in person and they are top notch the rigging is clean, very neat and they are a real fast cat!!...rpm has a 30 listed on the web site but not sure if it's in production yet, probably waiting on someone to stroke a check to get stared
Old 12-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Ron, Coming to FL to buy my 50 NorTech Roadster?? I'll get it ready for you..
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.