Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you think the best Cat build today is? >

What do you think the best Cat build today is?

Notices

What do you think the best Cat build today is?

Old 12-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love to hear some more opinions on Nortech by those that have owned and ridden in. The styling always appealed to me. How is the build quality, fit and finish? How do they handle? Are they really slower than a similar size MTI or Skater?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Racer
Racer

Default Victory

Pushing big cats to their offshore performance limits..... Big Offshore running, Flat water speed, Precision Turning , High speed Drifting and overall durability the Victory Team hull has blown us away in it's capabilities in all of these areas. Much more technical to drive fast than many luxury cats but the reward is incredible when you ask for everything. Pure Racing Machine
Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best Cat build today is?-531994_435653949869609_899559378_n.jpg   What do you think the best Cat build today is?-aq5t2647_zps25d30b6f.jpg   What do you think the best Cat build today is?-dsc_0422.jpg  

What do you think the best Cat build today is?-dsc_0423.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Pushing big cats to their offshore performance limits..... Big Offshore running, Flat water speed, Precision Turning , High speed Drifting and overall durability the Victory Team hull has blown us away in it's capabilities in all of these areas. Much more technical to drive fast than many luxury cats but the reward is incredible when you ask for everything. Pure Racing Machine
The original skater copy and over seas version!! Lol
Old 12-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richanton
Love to hear some more opinions on Nortech by those that have owned and ridden in. The styling always appealed to me. How is the build quality, fit and finish? How do they handle? Are they really slower than a similar size MTI or Skater?
Agree. They look like a big heavy boat with a great ride. The finish and cabin look cozy. Looks to be more of a gentleman's cat. I wouldn't hesitate to own one. They seem like a lot of value for the $$$ as well.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Pdetails do you work for Skater?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Pdetails do you work for Skater?
No, I just know the history, and that the reason we have all these great cats today is cause of Peter, so I just took a for FUN jab, I have much respects for the originators of the world. That's all. Lol

Last edited by precisiondetails; 12-12-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Registered

I do believe Michael Peters designed all the current (last 12-15 years) Victory boats.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VIP Transport
I do believe Michael Peters designed all the current (last 12-15 years) Victory boats.
Ok that's late 90s, what about late 80s early 90s...
Old 12-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok that's late 90s, what about late 80s early 90s...
The way I remember it, the Mystic was originally a Tencara hull and the Victory team in Dubai originally used Skaters when Randy Scism was running the show. It can be assumed that over the years changes (improvements?) were made to the original designs, however IMHO, most Cats of today are derivatives based on designs from Michael Peters and Skater, with the exception of Nortech, who I believe started with a clean sheet. Regardless, I'm an old fart and would only buy a Nortech because of the aforementioned creature comforts which I would give up some speed for.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
I'm just curious, do all cats.porpoise during cruise? If so doesn't that take them out of any discussion as great boats? Wouldn't that make them only great race boats? I hear things like "skaters take half the lake to turn" why would that be acceptable?
My Mystic has no porpoise at any speed, and turns on a dime. Even easy to manage around the docks.

I don't even have trim tabs.

Mystic!!!!

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.