Notices

Question about people.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool boat ,Cool car ,cool bike ...sometimes if you are the one that owns it ,you get tired of talking to everyone, everywhere you go .Not a good excuse, but fact..
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I was not there but I dont think that was the case,,,,If some one walks up to me and tells me I have a nice boat I say thank you,,not act like a d!ck,,,but then that never happens to me because I do not own one of those cigar boats...

makes no difference if its 40 feet long or 18 feet long,,smile and say thank you...if its that stress full to take out a boat I would leave it on the trailer...
I think i came across the wrong way here,when i am launching I do want to get fired up and moving as quick as possible , that said if someone gave my boat a compliment I would definitely say thank you, but most likely wouldnt stop and have a conversation. As for mentioning the size when launching something larger it is much more in the way of everyone else than my previous 28,24 or 16 footer.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Here in Nashville there aren't a lot of performance boats so putting mine in the water or especially getting gas with every Tom, Dick, and Billy Bob pulling up asking me where the trolling motor goes does get old some times but I always say thanks and make up some ridiculous comment to make them look at me silly. I bet I have been told 20 times... "wow I bet that thing cost $100,000!" or "I would hate to have your gas bill" I usually tell them you would hate my insurance bill or would hate to have to pay my mechanic... hahaha. I get it but all of us as a group get a bad rep just by being loud and fast and kind of ridiculous so we should all go out of our way to be nice.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Well, he didn't belong to cotad....
Old 12-30-2013, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther
I.C.U. is this the guy you were bothering at the ramp?

http://youtu.be/uOmvW05f7so.
That was painful to watch, how stupid can you be? I find it incredibly hard to believe that that the boat owner did not understand how to unload his boat, keep going backwards till it floats, duh?

If you have the ability to earn money to buy a boat, tow-vehicle (mini van), trailer, gas for the boat and van, you must understand how the principle of how the boat ramp and trailer work, and why boats float, you cannot be that dumb.

Last edited by Smarty; 12-30-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:33 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with a couple posts.......the ramp is usually the most stressful part of boating, especially for those that do not launch/retrieve regularly. My wife tries to help but she's such a basket-case at the ramp I've changed her job to "pack up our towels and drinks" while I do the rest.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Just saw a guy puttin a 42 lightning in at the ramp. Tried to talk to him and he was real short and arrogant. What gives? Not the first time I've tried to say hi and talk to someone about their boat.

Are you like this? Why would anyone act this way? Just wondering
Was it all white with #6 drives ??
Old 12-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Registered

Maybe its me, and maybe Im drunk...again, but Im just not sure I would defer to a thread/forum to discuss this issue? I mean seriously?? "A guy was mean to me @ the boat ramp.....what does everyone think?" Cmmon man.

Phuck that guy and his Fountain. I mean, only a$$holes own those boats anyways....
Old 12-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My most DIKFACE moments, is when I am headed to the lake, stop to gas up the boat. I walk in the gas station, tell them say 600.00 on pump 7, three bags of ice, grab a bunch overpriced chips and snacks, walk out of there hands totally full, and some guy is standing outside the door and says ''hey man, can you spare some change, and I reply "sorry man, Im a little short today''. Now that guy must think, what an AZZHOLE. But its Chicago, If I gave every guy asking for spare change, some spare change, I'd be busted.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

My first trip to the gas station with the Cig. I was alone .....trying to get it close to the pump so I can reach over to fill second tank.... super tight gas station.. I`m blocking half of it... people trying to get around me... I`m backing it up not knowing whats behind the boat... super nervous.. some guy comes up and starts talking to me in the middle of this, its hard not to be short with that guy.

kinda same thing when I`m trying to launch it and things aren`t going according to plan..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.