Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees! >

Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Notices

Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Old 08-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was figuring that this cruise would take care of the remaining "break-in"...guess i was right!
Should be hammer down the rest of the season!
Old 08-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Thanks to everyone, especially Candyman and RV for taking the initiative to organize everything. We should definately do this again.

Let's all get together at the airshow on Saturday. Anyone interested???

Steve
Old 08-12-2002, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Dan-
Sorry I missed out on the run- it's never fun to have trailer problems (especially with a brand-new one), but at least the boat is safe, and the trailer parts replaceable under warranty (in the works!)
Very depressing for the wife and I though since we had planned on it for a while!

We did decide to drive over to Racine after getting the boat/trailer secured outside Antioch (made it pretty close huh?) and have lunch, but there wasn't enough time to meet and say hi to everyone with all that happened that morning.

Saw some familiar faces from the D&B get-together last fall- you had a great turnout with some very impressive hardware parked there at Racine!
Hope we can get together yet with what remains of the season!
Jim
Old 08-12-2002, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posted on the other thread - please read.

As for the drive it remains to be seen. Boat is already being looked at this morning. We are extremely hopeful that it can be fixed in time for the Shoot-out.

Looking forward to meeting up with this group again sometime soon under less "stressed" full circumstances (bravo humor attempt).

Tim and Jeanne Fitzgerald
Old 08-12-2002, 06:04 PM
42 SS

Candyman,

Thanks Dan for putting together a awsome time. We are new to OSO and look forward to getting together with everyone for some future runs or even a huge raft off where we can get knee deep in water for a few cocktails and good conversation.

Steve

Old 08-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Registered

Steve,
It took me till this morning to place your face and Nasty Habit.
We were at the pier33 run years back with the 32 Baja and ran with you guys for a while...have the helo picture on the wall with the old sonic in the back ground.
Wish I would have checked out the your 42SS...Nice boat!
Mark
Old 08-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Registered

Stevel,
I will be at the Air & Water show all three days. Look forward to hooking up with you and the others. It's impossible to raft but maybe we could at least get the group close. B4M probably won't be joining us. He was the Water Show last year and sometimes the Air portion also!

Dan

BTW, The Saturday night Air show does not have the jets.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Registered

Jafo,
I didn't realize that you had made it to Racine. Hopefully we can get another couple of runs together before the end of the season. I boated till November 15th last year. My season starts late so I think it should end late also. Hope that whole trailer mess gets worked out. If its mechanical its going to break and usually at the worst time.
Dan
Old 08-12-2002, 10:15 PM
Registered

26ZX Donzi,
I read the other post. I'm glad you got towed in with no troubles. I was trying to do a boat count at Racine but it got a little confusing when the boats split into two groups and some going into the main harbor.
What is the story with your drive? I have a drive I am looking to sell if you can't get yours together quick enough. Let me know. You should have a blast at the Shootout.
Dan
Old 08-12-2002, 10:26 PM
Registered

42 SS,
I hope we can meet next time. My wife and I were looking at the 38 Sonic at the Chicago boat show. She fell in love with the cabin. Sonic makes a very nice boat. The waves probably feel smaller to you in that 42'. Everyone I have ever talked to about Sonics rave about the ride. Hopefully we'll get another couple of runs together this year.
Dan

Quick Reply: Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.