46 Cig in 15' waves VIDEO

Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 4,289 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Here come the inland lake experts!

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
4-6 no bigger probably closer to 4ft
Are you high!?!?
I don`t care how many hours you logged on lake Michigan it obviously wasn`t in powerboat. I have Go Pro video of 4`s in my 38 and its a cake walk, nowhere close to the height the bow was getting on this 46' boat!
Bad trim and tab settings? Who ever thinks that hasn`t boated on the Great Lakes and needs to go back to jumping cruiser wakes.

That nose was shooting for the moon, 8`s at a minimum no doubt about it.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you ICDEPPL, you've been there obviously. Now bring spring early so we can get back out there.

More daylight everyday, spring will be here soon but not soon enough.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 4,289 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
Did you see my previous post? I spent years on SHIPS in the Great Lakes you have no idea on the wave height. You all would have been killed if you were even in 10ft waves.
You gotta put the pipe down son.

This is what 4`s on the Great Lakes look like on a 38` boat. A 46` Cig would eat those up like nothing was going on. You could probably have a coffee and not spill your half and half.
On wait I`m sorry.. according to the SHIP captain over here these are 1-2`s I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMcJc5G1NBE
I took my old 33 out in solid 10`s and while my kids and wife were screaming bloody murder at me we didn`t DIE!!

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-14-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Next time you think its rough… Stop the boat. If you can see out when the boat is in the trough is't barely 5-6'… and chances are you can barely run at speed safely..
I ran a CC up the beach between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami… I couldn't see over the waves when I was in the trough, and they looked to be as tall as the hard top…. Boat needs 10' bridge clearance… I ran the boat in the toughs, and eased over the tops into the next gut… Ran 40 or so in the troughs, 20 up and over.. If I thought I was Billy Boatracer that would have been my last ride….
I chuckle at how some come up with wave heights when they are talking about their run… (LOTO guys know what I'm talking about )

I'm both thinking 4's in the video IC… More like 2-3' at biggest… You could have dropped the bow in one of those and still been fine… Lake MI has some of the crappiest water I have ever run in, and that video looked like much nicer conditions than I ever remember seeing… The 38 Gun is a tough V to beat…and I tried…...

Good stories this winter boys….keep them coming.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation

Last edited by Tim G.; 01-14-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Boating video, especially from an iPhone, will totally distort the water levels. Like when you watch a mogul skiing video and the mogul look small and easy until a skier is launched 25' on an incorrect path.

The attached video and still pic were shot during the same races. Now, tell me where in the video the water looks even remotely like it could have created the attached launch pic.

http://vimeo.com/82428553
Attached Thumbnails 46 Cig in 15' waves VIDEO-geico-launch.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Are you high!?!?
I don`t care how many hours you logged on lake Michigan it obviously wasn`t in powerboat. I have Go Pro video of 4`s in my 38 and its a cake walk, nowhere close to the height the bow was getting on this 46' boat!
Bad trim and tab settings? Who ever thinks that hasn`t boated on the Great Lakes and needs to go back to jumping cruiser wakes.

That nose was shooting for the moon, 8`s at a minimum no doubt about it.
Agreed. 4-6's this past summer i couldn't keep the props in the water running, water that can toss that 46 like that...id start praying in my 38
Old 01-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Here is a great Michigan lake video. What size do you think the lake was rolling then? I bet boatme will chime in with what the forecast was that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3-FIMjB7k

Last edited by J-Bonz; 01-14-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Here is a great Michigan lake video. What size do you think the lake was rolling then? I bet boatme will chime in with what the forecast was that day.

► 1:06► 1:06
www.youtube.com/w...
Jun 11, 2009
Link no worky
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Next time you think its rough… Stop the boat. If you can see out when the boat is in the trough is't barely 5-6'… and chances are you can barely run at speed safely..
I ran a CC up the beach between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami… I couldn't see over the waves when I was in the trough, and they looked to be as tall as the hard top…. Boat needs 10' bridge clearance… I ran the boat in the toughs, and eased over the tops into the next gut… Ran 40 or so in the troughs, 20 up and over.. If I thought I was Billy Boatracer that would have been my last ride….
I chuckle at how some come up with wave heights when they are talking about their run… (LOTO guys know what I'm talking about )

I'm both thinking 4's in the video IC… More like 2-3' at biggest… You could have dropped the bow in one of those and still been fine… Lake MI has some of the crappiest water I have ever run in, and that video looked like much nicer conditions than I ever remember seeing… The 38 Gun is a tough V to beat…and I tried…...

Good stories this winter boys….keep them coming.
I'm not stopping in any trough to measure a wave, or to prove a point. First of all Great Lake waves are worse then the open ocean in my opinion. There closer together and harder to predict. Ocean there spread out and easier to navigate. They may have not been 12-15 but I'm sure it felt like it to them. None the less it doesn't look like anything I'd want to run in.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nice boat. We polished it and did some touch up on it a few years ago.

Last edited by spazboz; 01-14-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.