Hell of a deal on a Tiger? >

Hell of a deal on a Tiger?

Notices

Hell of a deal on a Tiger?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spicy
Mine were right at 30K for the two (2) SCX drives, two (2) Teague drive bottles and Two (2) IMCO HD hemets and a new tie-bar....Included shipping and Torco drive oil etc...

Helmet pix is a comparison to old to new... just an FYI
Thanks for the info. Any reason you chose Potter to do the rebuilds? How did they compare on price to a Mercury factory rebuild - if you compared the two.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

No worries I just hate it when people compare a bargain boat to one already done and then think that is the market.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nkosi
I have always admired this boat. As someone who hopes to own a Tiger one day I am really enjoying the discussions. What kind of money are we talking to replace Bravos with IMCO SCX drives?
Thanks!
I bought the IMCO uppers the helmet and the drive reservoirs for $20k. I sold my XR uppers for $8500. Then I purchased the IMCO SC lowers and sold the XR lowers for a few bucks. All in all the whole swap cost me $15,000.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to know where are all these TG/TS FOR 80K are. Im looking but cant find them, and Im in the market NOW
Old 01-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Relaxing
I just want to know where are all these TG/TS FOR 80K are. Im looking but cant find them, and Im in the market NOW
Never said $80K, but there are two nice TS out there for $85k that I know of. One is a 38 the other is a 35.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

Do you have any info where I can find them. Im looking to purchase NOW

QUOTE=302Sport;4061483]Never said $80K, but there are two nice TS out there for $85k that I know of. One is a 38 the other is a 35.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
Mine were right at 30K for the two (2) SCX drives, two (2) Teague drive bottles and Two (2) IMCO HD hemets and a new tie-bar....Included shipping and Torco drive oil etc...

Helmet pix is a comparison to old to new... just an FYI
Running an the Whole Summer with out XR failures---Priceless!!!! Best upgrade I have done.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM
scarab
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looked at that boat after key west it needs alot of work motors and paint are good but the rest
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This one has been for sale for 102K for probably 2 years......Boat is clean, even a "Lipship" edition" and not sure why it didn't sell. http://www.boatsdirectusa.com/used-b...p-gun-B236.php
Through some reverse psychology they actually raised the price 10K a few months back (Pier 57 does that trick all the time).

Safe to say 80K twin steps are out there (dreamer's old Playboy is 85K right now with zero hour rebuilds). Craig's old #6 TG just sold asking 69K (which I thought was a great price and probably the reason it sold in a few days).
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
I also have to say taste is very subjective but I think many times paint can make or break a sale. Just my .02 here are a few pics of my rig, that Adam 302Sport thinks [ATTACH=CONFIG]516947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516951[/ATTACH] I can get $80k for
You're boat is one of my favorites,I believe they made a 99 38 that is very similar to your paint as we'll. if I restored my boat to your level I probably would not sell it either. That being said, I must agree with Adam. You said you purchased your boat 4 yrs ago at 120k, they certainly don't go up in value as we all know. It doesn't matter how much money you put in your boat,you just don't get it back. I am well aware of this,I have done it myself. You can eat off of any part of my of my boat and every mechanical part, right down to the extension boxes has been replaced. The boat runs over 100 and I an priced under a 100 and can not sell. I also have a small fortune into my boat. If you want to sell, you must give it away then go steal something else or just be content with what you have. It's a buyers market. My neighbor just sold his 02 tg pretty close to 100k and it was nicer than new. No bs! Never saw salt, sat inside a heated garage 350 days of the year, cobra 750's, new xr's every two yrs,tv's, huge stereo, you couldn't even find a oil spot in the bilge,on and on and on.... The market is what it is, you my get a bit more but not much. This market sucks. Btw, I love your boat
Old 01-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
You're boat is one of my favorites,I believe they made a 99 38 that is very similar to your paint as we'll. if I restored my boat to your level I probably would not sell it either. That being said, I must agree with Adam. You said you purchased your boat 4 yrs ago at 120k, they certainly don't go up in value as we all know. It doesn't matter how much money you put in your boat,you just don't get it back. I am well aware of this,I have done it myself. You can eat off of any part of my of my boat and every mechanical part, right down to the extension boxes has been replaced. The boat runs over 100 and I an priced under a 100 and can not sell. I also have a small fortune into my boat. If you want to sell, you must give it away then go steal something else or just be content with what you have. It's a buyers market. My neighbor just sold his 02 tg pretty close to 100k and it was nicer than new. No bs! Never saw salt, sat inside a heated garage 350 days of the year, cobra 750's, new xr's every two yrs,tv's, huge stereo, you couldn't even find a oil spot in the bilge,on and on and on.... The market is what it is, you my get a bit more but not much. This market sucks. Btw, I love your boat
There is a 38 TS Gun at LOTO with very simlar paint. I think its a 2002 or 2003.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.