Thetford vs. Dometic toilets

Notices

Thetford vs. Dometic toilets

Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
^^^^^^^^^^ I.... But if you're already at Lowe's, ...... and some 2x4s are a decent alternative. Make sure you get treated lumber so it handles the weather.
Bad advice! Must be MARINE GRADE. Plus if you ever need to replace some stringers, you already got the wood on hand
Old 01-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
That's only for Lake Michigan freshwater.
PVC schedule 40 is gonna hold up to saltwater better.
The formula for the pump GPH is- Top Speed minus cruise speed Multiplied by average number of uses per trip, carry the one, divided by bowl volume.
Can I estimate top speed? It's a cigarette, and the waves on Lake Erie have not ever been big enough for a true top speed run.

Thanks for all the help. Love this forum. Wealth of knowledge.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Bad advice! Must be MARINE GRADE. Plus if you ever need to replace some stringers, you already got the wood on hand
$&$@!?'n OSO letting me down! Which is it?! Just walked out of lowes. Guy sold me some OSB stuff??? Said it was an engineered product, and way better than the wood nature provides. Should I take it back?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

If you turn around the tank serves as a little table for laptop, food, stroke mags, etc...

Last edited by 12meter joe; 01-25-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Buy only from Menards. Only the best will do
Old 01-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I'm curious, if you had a turbine powered boat couldn't you macerate the poo and use it as fuel ?
Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Depending on the wing sauce and chilli content that could cause major ITT spikes. That's got hot section melt down written all over it. Better to just stick with gravity overboard discharge.
OK, then how about pumping it back to a pair of surface drives and adding a little color to the rooster tail ?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Interceptor
OK, then how about pumping it back to a pair of surface drives and adding a little color to the rooster tail ?

Will only work if you are outside of 3 miles from shore. No discharge within that distance and non period on inland lakes. Try again.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
$&$@!?'n OSO letting me down! Which is it?! Just walked out of lowes. Guy sold me some OSB stuff??? Said it was an engineered product, and way better than the wood nature provides. Should I take it back?
That OSB should be fine, just paint it with some latex paint. Bayliner has been using it for years.
I mentioned treated wood because you were at Lowe's, and they don't carry CCA/marine grade because of environmental comcerns. They don't carry chili for the same reason.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Lightbulb

I think you need to do a gravity flush toilet, the orange Home deep$hit buckets are key. Put a fitting in the bottom with a shut off valve( you`ll wanna spend as couple more bucks on a gate valve for faster flushing, brass for marine use of course ) Don`t tell em at the store that its for a marine use they will mark it up 200% on the spot.. keep that $hit on the down low.

Run a clear 3/4 plastic line to the toilet tank with a quick disconnect (for when you lower the bucket ((rope attached to handle)) for refilling.
If you wanna get really fancy get a dual flush toilet, it will save on water. Put bucket on deck as high as possible for best gravity flush. For underway I`d modify a GoPro suction cup mount. Should be good to 73mph.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I think you need to do a gravity flush toilet, the orange Home deep$hit buckets are key. Put a fitting in the bottom with a shut off valve( you`ll wanna spend as couple more bucks on a gate valve for faster flushing, brass for marine use of course ) Don`t tell em at the store that its for a marine use they will mark it up 200% on the spot.. keep that $hit on the down low.

Run a clear 3/4 plastic line to the toilet tank with a quick disconnect (for when you lower the bucket ((rope attached to handle)) for refilling.
If you wanna get really fancy get a dual flush toilet, it will save on water. Put bucket on deck as high as possible for best gravity flush. For underway I`d modify a GoPro suction cup mount. Should be good to 73mph.
Added bonus- one of the buckets can be used to winterize/add propylene glycol through the flush muffs. Downside is, you think your motor is running like crap because the exhaust smells that way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.