Notices

Why Center Console's???

Old 02-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Not me. I'm just not that old yet. Still don't mind wrenching on em.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I understand the stripped fishing ones, but when you add all that other bling, then want a cuddy to sleep in and on and on, sounds like a small cruiser would fit the bill better!

Or better yet a outboard cruiser.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I don't get the move towards massivly blinged out C.C's.Seem to defeat their purpose,
I myself enjoy them cause I get the features and comforts I want

I will never use my CC to fish as I am really not into fishing.

However I am into having 6-10 of my buds on board, music loud, seats for all, cup holders for all, a toilet and area for if it rains for my GF and her friends, and ext.

A "fancy" or "blinged out" CC does all that for me and is easier to trailer, better in fuel, gets me in and around the shallow islands we hang at, and more.

I put 7 people including me on my Sonic for the New Year run and we all fought for elbow room till we got to our stop.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Not me. I'm just not that old yet. Still don't mind wrenching on em.
Wrench isn't my issue, space is.

**** bud I am newly 32 and am "too old". Only thing I would miss is the noise but in the long run that is not enough to keep me in a boat like my current one.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 02-19-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no desire to fish. So mine is basically a pleasure craft with a large seating area. Another reason I went outboards is I have had two back surgeries since 2009. I also am somewhat OCD, so keeping things clean and tidy is something I can't stop from doing.... When I had my Velocity, I spent too much time in my engine compartment cleaning and maintaining, which is not good for my back but also caused a great amount of pain. So being able to wrench on my motors (when needed) in an upright position is a huge benefit to me. I usually only have myself, my wife and daughter on the boat, but even with just us 3 I found the cockpit to be way too small to relax in. Center console allows plenty of room for us and my 2 dogs to spread out and relax. Plus the Sport CCs like Concept, Renegade, Glasstream, Scarab, etc just look freaking cool.

Last edited by low_psi; 02-19-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I understand the stripped fishing ones, but when you add all that other bling, then want a cuddy to sleep in and on and on, sounds like a small cruiser would fit the bill better!

Or better yet a outboard cruiser.

You find me a stylish and large enough outboard cruiser, that does 50mph+, trailers with ease, and gets in the flats/islands, and isn't terrible on gas........and i will show you someone with interest in one.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I'll miss my Formula, but when I see how much easier the clean up is on the CCs and how much harder it is to beach a heavy V-hull and to navigate the shallows, the negatives out weigh the positives and when you have to buy all your fuel on the water at $4.75 per gal. and twin 300 mercs go as fast as my Formula at half the cost, it's something to think about.

Plus, there's some cool looking CCs on the market nowadays, call me old fellas, but in my eyes being sensible isn't getting old, you can fit more chicks on a CCs than my Formula..................lol

I'm certainly not dogging I/O powerboats, it's like everything, it's what fits your boating habits and lifestyle.

Last edited by 314joey; 02-19-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I am looking to come up with a plan to put a nice camper cover on mine. Obviously wouldn't drive with it on, but when docked or anchored, It will be nice. My goal is to enclose the entire cockpit with the camper. probably put some screens/windows in it. At minimum, my goal is to make at least a camper that will extend the cuddy to the helm.
We just put up a pole in the center up front and tie a tarp to the side rails up front and the grab rails about the center console. Put down inflatable mattresses and go to sleep! Sometimes a little noisy with the wind though.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 544 Likes on 330 Posts

Here are some Sunbrela canvas ideas:

Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am looking at doing something similar to pic #3, but that will go back as far as the Helm, and has a zipper door. Sometimes we get a lot of bugs at night, so being able to close things up a bit helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.