Notices

Why Center Console's???

Old 02-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Low-psi take it to red at american canvas in brownstown. He can make anything you want
Old 02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will check him out. I can tell you where I won't ever go again.. Bohemian Canvas in Wyandotte. The guy does great work but is a total D-Bag and is completely on his own schedule, and doesn't give a damn when he completes a job....
Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

I guess I'm lucky that my wife still likes performance and the sound of the big blocks. She did say maybe when were older (like 80's) we may be interested in a center console? Someone did tell me they are less expensive to insure. I also really wonder if there is a better profit margin for the builder in today's economy?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by bsboss
I guess I'm lucky that my wife still likes performance and the sound of the big blocks. She did say maybe when were older (like 80's) we may be interested in a center console? Someone did tell me they are less expensive to insure. I also really wonder if there is a better profit margin for the builder in today's economy?

My GF and me love our power boat and the sound.

But past that your not getting any leg up on a sport CC....at least not on this coast.

Also love the old guy comments.

You can fit at lot more poon on a CC than you will on a equal size I/o powerboat.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I am looking at doing something similar to pic #3, but that will go back as far as the Helm, and has a zipper door. Sometimes we get a lot of bugs at night, so being able to close things up a bit helps.
Would luv to see what you come up with.

Please start a thread when you do start the cover project.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

They are so popular that its ridiculous in South Florida. I must admit I will never have a mixed use sport boat with a cuddy again. Seriously thinking about a cruiser right now and I can guarantee I will never buy a performance boat in anything but a poker run config next time. More than likely sit down as well.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
You find me a stylish and large enough outboard cruiser, that does 50mph+, trailers with ease, and gets in the flats/islands, and isn't terrible on gas........and i will show you someone with interest in one.
I am to worn out right now but I do recall Sea Ray doing something with that, and if AT would have moved ahead on their concept.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 02-19-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I am to worn out right now but I do recall Sea Ray doing something with that, and if AT would have moved ahead on their concept.

Let me ask, for the people that want to carry a boat load of friends and have a head etc, wouldn't something like a formulas Sunsport also work?
Yeah, might have been thinking about Pursuit. They have an outboard boat with a cover/cowling over the engines designed into the boat. You really cant even tell its outboard.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Registered

I can deffinately unsterstand the popularity of center councils, especially concerning the ease of maintenance, fuel savings, and ability to put 8 bikini clad babes on board. Im sure many on here have no desire to fish but I am, and will always be a fisherman. I can tell you first hand that it sucks trying to fish off of a "cigarette style" boat. With that being said i would love to have a CC to fish off of and for all around cruising the Connecticut river and Long Island...

However, i could never give up my big block! I dont care how economical or maintenance free outboards are. I will forever love my rude, crude, and loud as f**k big block chevy! Lets face it, the 12 year old versions of ourselves would kick our ass for ever considering a CC!!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We know a lot of people that have both CC's and High performance boat. Center console is a good dinner/ lunch or canal cruise boat and the High performance is good for the fun runs, Poker runs.....Etc. Also the CC is nice to have when the High performance boat is broke lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.