Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
State Farm Policyholders, check this out!! >

State Farm Policyholders, check this out!!

Notices

State Farm Policyholders, check this out!!

Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: State Farm Policyholders, check this out!!

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Make a claim.
I have....Over 26 years I have had a couple & have been More than pleased....Your agent is EVERYTHING ! & I have the best.

Mike...I have "agreed value"...I'm in Ohio though
Old 08-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Different state have different laws and for Florida I know State Farm, Allstate and insurance companies like that CAN NOT insure performance style boats. Anything over 50mph is off limits. Plus a very important factor is State Farm does not do Agreed Value Policy's on boats.

It is beyond me why someone with a big expensive performance style boat would not have an agreed value policy protecting them. Especially if you have a loan on the boat. Most financial institutions require this type of insurance policy.

State Farm does agreed value in Michigan and Indiana.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an interesting topic. I have State Farm for auto and home. When I bought my Sunsation, I went to the agent to get a quote. She wouldn't touch it because of performance, horsepower and speed.
A friend gave me the name of another state Farm agent. Thought I would see if he would give me the same story. Boy, was I wrong......... He covered the boat, full coverage, with stated amount. I have been with him since that day. Even refered him to others
So far , I have no issues or complaints with SF. I haven't had a claim with the boat. The truck and car is another story.......
Old 08-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like a Good Neighbor...

----------------------------------------

Exclusive: Whistleblowers Say State Farm Shredded Documents to Avoid Paying Katrina Victims, Allegations of Massive Fraud

August 25, 2006 11:53 AM

Brian Ross and Joseph Rhee Report:

State Farm Insurance supervisors systematically demanded that Hurricane Katrina damage reports be buried or replaced or changed so that the company would not have to pay policyholders' claims in Mississippi, two State Farm insiders tell ABC News.

Kerri and Cori Rigsby, independent adjusters who had worked for State Farm exclusively for eight years, say they have turned over thousands of internal company documents and their own detailed statement to the FBI and Mississippi state investigators.

In an exclusive interview with ABC news, to be broadcast on 20/20 -- Watch 20/20 tonight at 10 --and World News, the Rigsby sisters say they saw "widespread" fraud at the State Farm offices in Biloxi and Gulfport, Miss.

"Katrina was devastating, but so was State Farm," says Cori Rigsby.

At one point, they say State Farm brought in a special shredding truck they believe was used to destroy key documents. State Farm says shredding is standard to protect policyholders' privacy.

The sisters say they saw supervisors go to great lengths to pressure outside engineers to prepare reports concluding that damage was caused by water, not covered under State Farm policies, rather than by wind.

They say reports that concluded that damage was caused by wind, for which State Farm would have to pay, were hidden in a special file and new reports were ordered.

Cori Rigsby says she recalls a senior coordinator ordering that an engineering company be told to alter the findings in its report so that State Farm would not have to pay. "Tell them if they don't change their report, we're not paying their invoice," she remembers the supervisor saying.

A lawyer for State Farm, Wayne Drinkwater, told ABC News he was unfamiliar with the Rigsby sisters but denied State Farm cheated policyholders or pressured outside engineers to reach particular conclusions in their damage reports.

"We, of course, have not been cheating," Drinkwater said.

The allegations, if proven, would support the suspicions of thousands of homeowners along the Mississippi Gulf Coast who have been unable to collect enough insurance money to rebuild their homes.

Many have filed lawsuits against State Farm and other insurance companies alleging the companies of wrongly denying or low-balling their claims. The Rigsby sisters' allegations are now a key part of suits filed against State Farm by well-known Mississippi lawyer Dickie Scruggs, famous for taking on the tobacco companies.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...farm_insi.html
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Like a Good Neighbor...

----------------------------------------

Exclusive: Whistleblowers Say State Farm Shredded Documents to Avoid Paying Katrina Victims, Allegations of Massive Fraud

August 25, 2006 11:53 AM

Brian Ross and Joseph Rhee Report:

State Farm Insurance supervisors systematically demanded that Hurricane Katrina damage reports be buried or replaced or changed so that the company would not have to pay policyholders' claims in Mississippi, two State Farm insiders tell ABC News.

Kerri and Cori Rigsby, independent adjusters who had worked for State Farm exclusively for eight years, say they have turned over thousands of internal company documents and their own detailed statement to the FBI and Mississippi state investigators.

In an exclusive interview with ABC news, to be broadcast on 20/20 -- Watch 20/20 tonight at 10 --and World News, the Rigsby sisters say they saw "widespread" fraud at the State Farm offices in Biloxi and Gulfport, Miss.

"Katrina was devastating, but so was State Farm," says Cori Rigsby.

At one point, they say State Farm brought in a special shredding truck they believe was used to destroy key documents. State Farm says shredding is standard to protect policyholders' privacy.

The sisters say they saw supervisors go to great lengths to pressure outside engineers to prepare reports concluding that damage was caused by water, not covered under State Farm policies, rather than by wind.

They say reports that concluded that damage was caused by wind, for which State Farm would have to pay, were hidden in a special file and new reports were ordered.

Cori Rigsby says she recalls a senior coordinator ordering that an engineering company be told to alter the findings in its report so that State Farm would not have to pay. "Tell them if they don't change their report, we're not paying their invoice," she remembers the supervisor saying.

A lawyer for State Farm, Wayne Drinkwater, told ABC News he was unfamiliar with the Rigsby sisters but denied State Farm cheated policyholders or pressured outside engineers to reach particular conclusions in their damage reports.

"We, of course, have not been cheating," Drinkwater said.

The allegations, if proven, would support the suspicions of thousands of homeowners along the Mississippi Gulf Coast who have been unable to collect enough insurance money to rebuild their homes.

Many have filed lawsuits against State Farm and other insurance companies alleging the companies of wrongly denying or low-balling their claims. The Rigsby sisters' allegations are now a key part of suits filed against State Farm by well-known Mississippi lawyer Dickie Scruggs, famous for taking on the tobacco companies.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...farm_insi.html
My State Farm agent which is also a boater friend of mine told me that Mississippi is 1% of there busness, that they were prob going to pull out of MS

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course they're pulling out. It's not profitable there anymore.
Or they can do what they're doing in FL, raising rates by approximately 78%.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Of course they're pulling out. It's not profitable there anymore.
Or they can do what they're doing in FL, raising rates by approximately 78%.
They went up here also.Pulling out doesn't relieve them of liability past

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.