Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going?? >

Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going??

Notices

Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going??

Old 04-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I too may do it this year. Did it a few years with my Topgun. Now I may do it with my Slingshot. I know you and your dad have run in my poker runs up on Sacandaga as Glad and Rick have. The run is a good time, the only b!tch I have is dealing with the Lake George red tape crap. Permits, paying for putting in, parking, cleaning the boat from evasive species (yet Lake George has more of them than the surrounding lakes). I need to clean my boat when I LEAVE lake George and before putting it back into Sacandaga. lol What the Mayor should be doing is putting a weekend pass on the permits, cleaning, launch/parking fees, etc... to make it easier and better for the "racers" as they are what is bringing the money to the village during the offseason. As you know they won't let this happen between memorial and labor day (he!! they won't let my boat on the lake except for this run). So they get the benefit of guys putting boats in early during their "off-season", but then really don't want them on the lake otherwise. Many here can attest to that thought process. sorry for the little rant. The event itself is a good time, just don't like how the village of LG can't be more accomodating to those that bring their boats there to make them (the village) money during a time that would be slow otherwise.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Glad-

Any feedback about previous years events??
Pros / Cons things that might help a first timer prepare or know what to expect??
Johnny pretty much nailed it. I ran the 65 mph class 2 years ago. There were two races for each class, so 6 races total. Laps are about 2 miles with 3 turn buoys. I think they were 6-8 laps per race. The afterparty is a lot of fun too.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Ahhhh, the afterparty
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Ahhhh, the afterparty
Somebody's of age this year
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Registered

QUOTE=EvilTwin;4102732]I too may do it this year. Did it a few years with my Topgun. Now I may do it with my Slingshot. I know you and your dad have run in my poker runs up on Sacandaga as Glad and Rick have. The run is a good time, the only b!tch I have is dealing with the Lake George red tape crap. Permits, paying for putting in, parking, cleaning the boat from evasive species (yet Lake George has more of them than the surrounding lakes). I need to clean my boat when I LEAVE lake George and before putting it back into Sacandaga. lol What the Mayor should be doing is putting a weekend pass on the permits, cleaning, launch/parking fees, etc... to make it easier and better for the "racers" as they are what is bringing the money to the village during the offseason. As you know they won't let this happen between memorial and labor day (he!! they won't let my boat on the lake except for this run). So they get the benefit of guys putting boats in early during their "off-season", but then really don't want them on the lake otherwise. Many here can attest to that thought process. sorry for the little rant. The event itself is a good time, just don't like how the village of LG can't be more accomodating to those that bring their boats there to make them (the village) money during a time that would be slow otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Sacandaga cleaner than Lake George, Please! Not even close. I love how Sacandaga guys are always haters of lake George. I've only been pulled over on Lake George once, I was speeding in a high traffic area. Not smart on my part. Give respect and get respect, that's how it works on LG. Lake George is one of the cleanest, most beautiful lake you'll ever boat on. And the power boat weekend is a great time.

Last edited by newfountainguy; 04-07-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Glad to have ya onboard!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
QUOTE=EvilTwin;4102732]I too may do it this year. Did it a few years with my Topgun. Now I may do it with my Slingshot. I know you and your dad have run in my poker runs up on Sacandaga as Glad and Rick have. The run is a good time, the only b!tch I have is dealing with the Lake George red tape crap. Permits, paying for putting in, parking, cleaning the boat from evasive species (yet Lake George has more of them than the surrounding lakes). I need to clean my boat when I LEAVE lake George and before putting it back into Sacandaga. lol What the Mayor should be doing is putting a weekend pass on the permits, cleaning, launch/parking fees, etc... to make it easier and better for the "racers" as they are what is bringing the money to the village during the offseason. As you know they won't let this happen between memorial and labor day (he!! they won't let my boat on the lake except for this run). So they get the benefit of guys putting boats in early during their "off-season", but then really don't want them on the lake otherwise. Many here can attest to that thought process. sorry for the little rant. The event itself is a good time, just don't like how the village of LG can't be more accomodating to those that bring their boats there to make them (the village) money during a time that would be slow otherwise.
Sacandaga cleaner than Lake George, Please! Not even close. I love how Sacandaga guys are always haters of lake George. I've only been pulled over on Lake George once, I was speeding in a high traffic area. Not smart on my part. Give respect and get respect, that's how it works on LG. Lake George is one of the cleanest, most beautiful lake you'll ever boat on. And the power boat weekend is a great time.[/QUOTE]

That's funny you seem to think we put down lake George. Lol. Look again which lake has more "invasive species". That is lake George! Which is what was mentioned. Learn to read. And yes tickets are handed out like candy on Halloween on lake George during the season. If you deny that you are full of chit! I was told when leaving the run on lake George that I can't put the boat on the lake the following weekend as it is too loud. Many people on here will tell of their experiences with the water patrol. I never said it is not a pretty lake I said it is bs with the permits and the mandatory cleaning, etc. guilty conscious??
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Registered

So a couple of good guys are putting on a good time and you start slamming the lake at which they are having the event? Come on, what's wrong with you?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
So a couple of good guys are putting on a good time and you start slamming the lake at which they are having the event? Come on, what's wrong with you?
You are looking like a fool. I even said I plan on doing it and that I have done it before. That it is a good event but that the village should help the participants out more. Again learn to read before mouthing off and looking like a fool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.