Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going?? >

Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going??

Notices

Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going??

Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Some perspective from a guy that has been boating here my entire life.

There are plenty of big power boats, 160 mph skaters, 120 + mph Cigs, Fountains, etc. If you have noise reduction at idle and are not running 80+ in a channel on a busy Saturday, you should be ok. Certainly there is a faction on the lake that does not like our boats and they have the power. In a way I can understand it as every year I get cut off by some ahole in a rental pontoon boat that is tubing in a channel. I would not want to be running hard when that happens. The lake itself is worth it for me so I deal with it. By the way, I've never gotten a ticket on this lake.

Would I like to see a Poker Run in July, sure. Just not going to happen. This performance weekend as close as we can get. For me, the lake itself makes it worth it.

Now if someone could just put a run together on Champlain or Sacandaga....
Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Chris, if you brought some zebra mussels bake to Sacandaga, it would make your water look cleaner.
Tough to catch them though, 'cause they're "evasive". lol
Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior

Would I like to see a Poker Run in July, sure. Just not going to happen. This performance weekend as close as we can get. For me, the lake itself makes it worth it.

Word is Lanzis is putting on a "FUN RUN" on the Sacandaga June 21. That's all the info at this time.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Lake George is regulated by the Lake George Park Commission which is a massive bureaucracy that does very little to preserve the lake but does a lot to preserve it's own bureaucracy and no-work jobs. They have rules and regs for everything but with minimal enforcement (because that would entail doing work)

Last edited by Pismo10; 04-08-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior

There are plenty of big power boats, 160 mph skaters, 120 + mph Cigs, Fountains, etc. If you have noise reduction at idle and are not running 80+ in a channel on a busy Saturday, you should be ok. Certainly there is a faction on the lake that does not like our boats and they have the power. In a way I can understand it as every year I get cut off by some ahole in a rental pontoon boat that is tubing in a channel. I would not want to be running hard when that happens. The lake itself is worth it for me so I deal with it. By the way, I've never gotten a ticket on this lake.

Summed up perfectly.
Now, back on topic.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captain caveman

Hey Chris, if you brought some zebra mussels bake to Sacandaga, it would make your water look cleaner.
Tough to catch them though, 'cause they're "evasive". lol
lol. I meant invasive, lol Actually Sacandaga is very clean (the water changes over 7 times in a year). The water isnt as clear because we get sand stirred up in it as we are sand based (why we have many nice beaches to pull up to) and Lake George is rock based (hence minimal beaches to go to). So I don't think I would want to have those damn Zebras all over my boat, docks, etc... They are sharp little suckers!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by captain caveman

Hey Chris, if you brought some zebra mussels bake to Sacandaga,
I don't think I want to "bake" any of them either... Not enough meat to make it worth the effort... lol
Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

We'd love to see ya this May Chris!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
We'd love to see ya this May Chris!
I plan on joining the fun. I have had a great time doing them in the past. Just know, my dislike for the "lake George rules, fees, etc" has nothing to do with this run or how it is organized. It is a great time and those who haven't done it before should!

Last edited by EvilTwin; 04-08-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Will the ice be melted by then? What a terrible winter we had this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.