Old 04-25-2014, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 608 Likes on 280 Posts

Get in -Sit down -Shut UP -Hold ON!! They all looked like they new the rules
Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

At least the kids are having some family fun with pops, not sitting behind a computer or playing video games all day. It's almost imposible to find a place to ride dirtbikes nowadays. 3-wheelers were banned in the 80's, hell you can't even play a game of jarts at the family BBQ. Where does it end?
Speaking of jarts does anyone have a set they want to sell?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have a problem with the video. I've tossed my kids around a lot more than that Rule is life jackets on if the boat is not anchored or docked.....PERIOD! My kids are 7 and 12 though.

I can't tell the difference between a 12 yr old and a 20 yr old kid anymore. For all I know the "kid" standing is 18+.

Last edited by Baja_342; 04-25-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel bad for this guy! Getting called out publically, for taking kids on a boat ride. Boating is inherently dangerous! Both my kids have had an occasional bruise or scratch from boating. They are the first ones to yell faster. You can look at most every boating video and find something that could have been done better. (Including mine) Delete this thread immediately!!!
I would love to buy this guy a beer if I ever get the chance to meet him.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:42 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I don't have a facebook, youtube channel, or any of that bull$hit. Some yahoo with an opinion is always out there to make his coments heard or with a bridge to burn.

Delete this thread IMO.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smckie
I feel bad for this guy! Getting called out publically, for taking kids on a boat ride. Boating is inherently dangerous! Both my kids have had an occasional bruise or scratch from boating. They are the first ones to yell faster. You can look at most every boating video and find something that could have been done better. (Including mine) Delete this thread immediately!!!
Totally agree this guy was showing these kids a great time and as mentioned before in this thread I'm sure all of us could be picked apart at any given time for something we have done. Only thing threads like this accomplish is too make people less willing to post cool videos for us to watch
Old 04-25-2014, 08:46 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hadleycat
Wish I could sit at work bored !
Maybe if you did you could buy an awsome 30 concept with some egg beaters!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I also never said anything stating the driver was driving erratic, dangerous, to fast for the conditions, near other boats, etc.
But you did title the thread " Another irresponsible boater video" so you meant that in a good way? gotcha....
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,213 Likes on 526 Posts

IMHO:

1) Running that hard, everyone needed PFDs on.
2) The kid that was up pinballing around the dash area is not safe. Being forward of the driver is my biggest concern in this example. If he came loose, and landed on the driver; it could have been really bad for everyone.

I'm pretty sure this has been posted before and commented on.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
But you did title the thread " Another irresponsible boater video" so you meant that in a good way? gotcha....
Again another person twisting things up... I thought it was very clear that by irresponsible I meant a younger kid not wearing a jacket running at speed (the title of his video says 95, not me) and another kid bouncing around (standing up) between dash pods holding on to a grab rail. That is irresponsible as far as I am concerned. Now was he really running 95, I don't know, but he sure seemed to think so (as he titled his video) so if he thought he was running 95, than the kid up front should not be standing where he is and the younger one should have on a PFD.

Originally Posted by CLA
This is why I don't have a facebook, youtube channel, or any of that bull$hit. Some yahoo with an opinion is always out there to make his comments heard or with a bridge to burn.

Delete this thread IMO.
Because someone posted something you don't agree with? There are plenty of things on here I don't agree with, cant say I ever remember posting a thread should be deleted..... If you don't agree, voice your opinion (not everyone is going to agree with me or you for that matter). However if you don't want to read the thread, move on.

Originally Posted by CLA
Maybe if you did you could buy an awsome 30 concept with some egg beaters!
WTF does that mean? Sounds like a bit of envy? I can sit at a desk all day, surf the net and get paid for it? Another thing you won't ever see me do on this forum or any other is call someone out for what they do for a living, how much they make (or how the make it), what type of boat or car they drive. I guess I am better than that. But thanks for stopping by.

Originally Posted by smckie
You are indirectly making my point for me. Your 100% right, boating is dangerous and kids will take their lumps and keep asking for more. That's exactly why the adults (especially the operator) should be doing his part in making sure the two younger kids are wearing PFDs and not standing up holding on to one rail while in between the dash pods. Especially if the guy is traveling near the speeds he advertises in his video title. And again, each person is entitled to their own opinion, so demanding a thread be deleted because you don't agree with it is garbage. Again, as I have said before, if you don't like the thread, move on.

Last edited by low_psi; 04-25-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.