Another irresponsible boater video >

Another irresponsible boater video

Notices

Another irresponsible boater video

Old 04-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
I will be at Ticfaw 200 in two weekends. Bring that fishing boat down and I'll buy you a beer. No hard feelings bro..........I just want you to see your judging a successful man you don't know on public forum. You think that is right????
I like beer. Does that mean if I start to criticize others too I get a beer? Still waiting for warm weather. Carry on.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:33 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
What makes that person any more successful than me? You have no idea who he is or me. So even though you are saying "no hard feeling" you are still judging me based on my choice of boat.
I didn't say he was more successful than you. I'm just saying a hard working guy with his family out in the boat does not deserve what you did here.......period.

Also, why are you upset I said you have a fishing boat/sport console. That's what it is!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:34 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abmotorman
I like beer. Does that mean if I start to criticize others too I get a beer? Still waiting for warm weather. Carry on.
Hell yea man! Come down and beer is on me.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Smoking the sound this weekend an Ticfaw 200 next. Yea Baby. See Y'all there.

Last edited by akaboatman; 04-25-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Registered
Gold Member

On the positive side....

All the posts and discussions here aren't bad. (ok, a few are) Whether or not you agree with low_psi, if you watched the video and read all the posts, at least you had to think about your own boating safety rules.

captain wearing his lanyard, does not appear to be drinking, taking a nice little cruise in a big boat. I have seen a lot worse.

Judging by the amount of open eyes I'm seeing, I don't think he hit 95. Still, too many people unsecured with no life jackets anywhere.

Great looking kids. That boy in front was really having fun. They definitely need vests and proper seats. You won't pick a video apart of me running my boat. Not something like this.

Couldn't AGREE more with your comments.

No way did this boat ever hit 95mph. Their cheeks would have been flopping around. The kid in the front is jumping on purpose because he is having fun and wants more air time.

As far as PFD's, I personally tell all kids on board (15 and under) when we are running above 55mph regardless of conditions. PFD's will be worn.

Please rename this tread. "please make kids wear PFD's"

I have mixed feeling I guess. He is keeping it safe by checking on everyone and the kid in front seems to know to hold on. I'll give him a pass!

I will always think that if you are too cool for a lifejacket then you are an insecure douche.

I don't think it's unreasonable that over 60 or so people should be seated or securely standing in a bolster, I think most on here have been around long enough to know that it just takes a wake, certain wave to get a bit harder of a hit.

The dude's not trimming the bow down and doing stupid turns or anything like that so it's not the end of the world, but life preservers for the young ones and secure seating/standing for all is not an unreasonable action if you're going to romp on it a bit
I don't like the fact that the kid in front could easily bash his teeth out. But, he's not my kid.

I don't have a problem with the video. I've tossed my kids around a lot more than that Rule is life jackets on if the boat is not anchored or docked.....PERIOD! My kids are 7 and 12 though.

I can't tell the difference between a 12 yr old and a 20 yr old kid anymore. For all I know the "kid" standing is 18+.
So everyone had to think, and make a judgement of what they saw and what their own rules might be, and what everyone else's rules might be. I see that as a great safety discussion (regardless of what boat you drive). Certainly not worth calling anyone out on either side. I have my rules, and I've read everyone else's. Time well spent in my opinion. I would bet anyone who works in the safety biz would agree, regardless of what you think about this video.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilotpete
On the positive side....

All the posts and discussions here aren't bad. (ok, a few are) Whether or not you agree with low_psi, if you watched the video and read all the posts, at least you had to think about your own boating safety rules.

So everyone had to think, and make a judgement of what they saw and what their own rules might be, and what everyone else's rules might be. I see that as a great safety discussion (regardless of what boat you drive). Certainly not worth calling anyone out on either side. I have my rules, and I've read everyone else's. Time well spent in my opinion. I would bet anyone who works in the safety biz would agree, regardless of what you think about this video.
Well said.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by abmotorman
What? You can't drink beer until it warms up? And you say you like beer? Whatever bro. Come on down here where it's warm and we'll drink some and start some chit on OSO!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 527 Posts

Can we all try to grow up and stop calling names/throwing rocks?

It's boating season BTW. Save this crap for winter.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 398 Likes on 161 Posts

He started it dad .
Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
At least the kids are having some family fun with pops, not sitting behind a computer or playing video games all day. It's almost imposible to find a place to ride dirtbikes nowadays. 3-wheelers were banned in the 80's, hell you can't even play a game of jarts at the family BBQ. Where does it end?
Speaking of jarts does anyone have a set they want to sell?
I won't even give these to you. You'd get hurt and take my house.
Attached Thumbnails Another irresponsible boater video-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.