Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Notices

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Old 08-28-2002, 11:11 AM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossing the line

I think that it's fine to come to a public board and tell your side of a horror story and air your personal grievances.

But it goes further than that when the thread is titled with intent to harm the company:
"Its not good to do business with HTM".

That statement implies that *everyone* will have problems doing business with HTM, and shows an attempt to deter possible sales of HTM products using this forum.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:01 PM
ROCK STAR

BK,

Im sorry you disagree with the title of this thread. Its my personnel opinion and potential buyers, if there are any, should beware. You should also keep in mind HIGH TORQUE MQRINE is now lieing to follow offshore only members. Heidi is saying the JUDGEMENT has been paid. It has not.

I also said in a previous thread that if High Torque Marine was short on cash that I would take a new HP gimbal, Ill even pay the $1200. difference.

I would like HTM to succeed, but I also would like them to do the right thing and honor the Superior Court of Paldales decision.

Old 08-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I TOURED THE FACILITY IN BARSTOW , TALKING TO THE VERY GUYS THAT LAYED UP THE HULL THAT CAME APART. IT WAS IN PRODUCTION AT THE TIME. THEY COULD ONLY SPEAK BROKEN ENGLISH, NO SUPERVISION AND LIVING OUT OF A HOTEL. ALMOST TRANSIANT, GETTING PAID CASH.

AFTER DISCOVERING HOW THEY OPPERATE AND HANDLE CUSTOMERS, I WANTED MY DEPOSIT BACK.

THERE WAS NO CONTRACT SIGNED AND NO SUCH THING AS A NONE REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IN CALIFORNIA.."

Its always a good Idea when Purchasing a boat to check up on the living conditions and linguistic talents of the builders. WTF??? I have toured many facilities and have been open minded to see past "Broken English" only to find Pride and Quality in ones work. And congratulations on the 14th post. Its always nice to see a little more slander on the board. Keep in mind that Steve has quit a few friends on this board... Not Had..."HAS"!!! Welcome to OSO, Try to make your next post a little less ignorant. As for your dispute with HTM, you made your point and the owners of HTM have not replied on this site. This is a one sided post and you have made your point. Let it go.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

Default I'm an HTM owner "1999 SR-24"

01. I have had a few minor problems WHEN my boat was new. Join the club. What few people I know that have bought new boats hasn't. All was taken care of by HTM on the spot.

02. I don't think ROCK STAR should get back his money.

03. IF their was a court ruling and R.S. won then yes he should get his money.

04. I feel for R.S. WHY: Doesn't matter if it was $.02 or $2000. If the court says pay up then enough said. Should future HTM customers beware. Yes, if the courts say pay up then the right thing to do is pay up. This doesn't make it right or wrong or to say HTM is bad or good. It's the law. Suck it up and move on. IF IF IF.

05. Will HTM come on OSO? NOT..... They know it wouldn't get them anywhere. It wouldn't prove a thing.

06. Their was so much HTM bashing on HotBoat.net that HTM "I think" learned it was better to stay clear.

07. Does HTM build a good boat? Only the owners will know that question after they have logged many hours in the boat. All of my 350 hours has been total enjoyment.

08. Do they build a fast boat? I don't think it is slow by no means. But their are much faster boats with the same hp and the same length. My HTM weighs in @ 4700 to 4900 lbs. wet and 2 people on board. Dyno 540 ci @ 5700 was 683. I am turning 5300 to 5500 and dyno says 675. So I figure I am 625 to 635 at the prop and my best speed was 89.7 GPS and in the summer heat in SC I am around 82 to 85 mph.

09. Would I buy another? HELL yes. Love the room of the HTM's. Speed is on the list but it's not the only thing on the list
Attached Thumbnails Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM-26_23.50jpg.jpg  
Old 08-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Banned

I'm not saying HTM does or doesn't owe him, but the court says he does, and that is how civilized people settle their differences. I don't know whether HTM has or has not paid, but I know it is impossible for RS to prove the negative, that is that he doesn't have a check.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Roy

Default I second that

I totally agree with what MIKEHTMSR24 says. I've held back from saying anything, but I think Mike did an excellant job.

Old 08-28-2002, 10:59 PM
Registered

I agree with Mike too. And they really aren't that fast...I can outrun all of them
Old 08-28-2002, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OK --- Lets put it in these terms
Lets say I order an engine ( a big HP one) from XYZ company because they have Jim head expert on staff and I give a deposit to get my project in line to be built. Between the time the deposit is made and the engine is to be built Jim head expert leaves the company. And the only guy left only works on go karts -- You are saying that I am not entitled to my deposit back since they can no longer deliver the engine that I ordered. This works for the HTM company since Steve is no longer there IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME QUALITY BOAT.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:42 AM
ROCK STAR

Default Re: I second that

Originally posted by Roy
I totally agree with what MIKEHTMSR24 says. I've held back from saying anything, but I think Mike did an excellant job.
Thanks for your input Roy that means alot comming from an HTM
dealer.

Old 08-30-2002, 12:44 AM
ROCK STAR

Default Re: I'm an HTM owner "1999 SR-24"

Originally posted by MIKEHTMSR24
01. I have had a few minor problems WHEN my boat was new. Join the club. What few people I know that have bought new boats hasn't. All was taken care of by HTM on the spot.

02. I don't think ROCK STAR should get back his money.

03. IF their was a court ruling and R.S. won then yes he should get his money.

04. I feel for R.S. WHY: Doesn't matter if it was $.02 or $2000. If the court says pay up then enough said. Should future HTM customers beware. Yes, if the courts say pay up then the right thing to do is pay up. This doesn't make it right or wrong or to say HTM is bad or good. It's the law. Suck it up and move on. IF IF IF.

05. Will HTM come on OSO? NOT..... They know it wouldn't get them anywhere. It wouldn't prove a thing.

06. Their was so much HTM bashing on HotBoat.net that HTM "I think" learned it was better to stay clear.

07. Does HTM build a good boat? Only the owners will know that question after they have logged many hours in the boat. All of my 350 hours has been total enjoyment.

08. Do they build a fast boat? I don't think it is slow by no means. But their are much faster boats with the same hp and the same length. My HTM weighs in @ 4700 to 4900 lbs. wet and 2 people on board. Dyno 540 ci @ 5700 was 683. I am turning 5300 to 5500 and dyno says 675. So I figure I am 625 to 635 at the prop and my best speed was 89.7 GPS and in the summer heat in SC I am around 82 to 85 mph.

09. Would I buy another? HELL yes. Love the room of the HTM's. Speed is on the list but it's not the only thing on the list
Thanks Mike

Quick Reply: Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.