ATECO Engines My Experience >

ATECO Engines My Experience

Notices

ATECO Engines My Experience

Old 12-05-2014, 11:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

It seems you had bad luck with engines from builders or so called engine builders. Is there anyway you could drop in or have someone close drop in for you to check out what really is going on in person ? Looks like you paid up front as well. Wonder if its that same deal like a few of the boat builders pull - rob from peter to builds paul deal. Good luck and you need to stay on top of it and possible get a lawyer.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't there a thread awhile back about Ateco that had a lot of unhappy comments from their customers . Not looking to start any crap , just seeing if I remember right ? Always happy to hear a positive review
Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In this business there are always going to be haters and they can not be avoided, its big money and it creates big hurt butts. I have been called to the table a few times over the years by unhappy customers but I nip it in the butt and show the other side right or wrong without hesitation. I do not understand why other shops do not do the same knowing their reputation is being put on the table for future customers. I get a lot of "that will hurt your business" but after 35+ years is has not.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I can't believe the amount of engine builder issues, I would be driving there every 2 weeks to see whats up when I spend 20,000 and more.... that's my money!! I wanna see results.... this stuff floors me...
Old 12-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm minutes away if needed.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

So if you were to order something from them how would you do it? Was the 20000 the total price, and why pay all upfront, is that what they requested?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:51 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

There you go as having someone drop in who is very close in location to Ateco. He can say I am here on behalf of Randy N. to see what progress is being make and to snap pics of the engine he paid for back in ????.

If Ateco is upset or rude or declines then you can see how he is NOT a stand up guy nor business and possible has something to hide. I would take advantage of the person willing to go check on your engine and snap pics and or video of your paid materials, plus ask some questions in person. And maybe after the fact - show the owner of Ateco this thread.

Also I wonder if he has seen this thread already ? It would be nice if he posted a reply and the knowing at least he is alive and trying to get your engine to you. Not answering the phone nor following up with you even with text messages or something is not a good sign.

Last edited by BUP; 12-06-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So things are clear the blower kit I bought new from Whipple for 10K. 3.3liter stage 3 polished. All accessories that one needs, starter, alt, p/s pump, all brackets, bellhousing, coupler, wiring harness & computer to be programmed, all new complete msd ignition system and 7500.00 cash was delivered to Ateco & Bill was to purchase everything else new and build me a 540 with a serpentine belt drive using the stock accessories that come on a merc engine.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe the 3000.00 serpentine drive system wasn't that much after all .Him having to design and build that setup for you puts a different curve on the time frame ...MO.
Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Yes Mike, it is Bill at Ateco who is building my engine. It is a whipple 3.3 supercharged 540 with Dart aluminum heads. And yes Rookie this is a from scratch build. I supplied the blower & all accessories, Bill is supplying all new parts for the long block. The only thing different on this build is that Bill is designing a serpentine belt drive because we both feel that 3G for the set ups in the aftermarket are highway robbery. The engine is built and I have confidence that it will run & make the power we are going after. It is just taking forever to get the finish work completed. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start any crap otherwise I would have started my own ***** thread but maybe a friendly nudge will help get the dust off of my build. I won't go into our conversations unless it becomes needed but I will say there is no screaming & yelling.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
Maybe the 3000.00 serpentine drive system wasn't that much after all .Him having to design and build that setup for you puts a different curve on the time frame ...MO.
Yeah if you sit and stare at the front of the motor for 17months and 2 weeks I could see that it might take a year and a half to get a motor built with a serpentine belt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.