Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening? >

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

Notices

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming from a family that owns both brands (33 Outlaw 42 lightning) they are both good brands.. To 95% of the world they're still "cigarette" boats.. Our small community are the only ones that really can tell you one from another.. Drive them both and make a decision! I can tell you my 33 (was my fathers for 14 yrs) lived at LOTO on the 8mm for the whole period of time.. Still looks and runs great! And we don't Pu$$y it either..ran the shat out of it..not a blister or crack.. Only a few drives...haha.. I would take a look at 33 Outlaws as well.. Good luck! (ps.. The fountain would kick my 33s a$$...)
Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
There are a lot of people who will rag on Bajas because they were not custom built, one order at a time like most of the other high end boats. But, they do open that door for people who want a go fast but have a budget to stick to. Not to mention, I think we had just as much fun on my Baja at this year's Buffalo Poker Run as anybody on their more expensive and custom boat. Admittedly, the quality might not be at the same level, but its still the same hardware and if it gets people out on the water, isn't that the point?
He asked, so we told. Why take offense? No one is raggin on them, or calling them garbage.....just saying it is what it is.

Do you want us to lie? People have their reasons for choosing a Chrysler Town and Country mini van over a Porsche Cayenne SUV as well. It's not that the mini van is junk, it just doesn't compare.......but the mini van will get you to work, isn't that the point?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
He asked, so we told. Why take offense? No one is raggin on them, or calling them garbage.....just saying it is what it is.

Do you want us to lie? People have their reasons for choosing a Chrysler Town and Country mini van over a Porsche Cayenne SUV as well. It's not that the mini van is junk, it just doesn't compare.......but the mini van will get you to work, isn't that the point?
The point was dudes or skanks lets get this back on topic!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
People have their reasons for choosing a Chrysler Town and Country mini van over a Porsche Cayenne SUV
You should see who drives the Chrysler minivans here in Houston.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st world problems...

Old 09-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

So weird how this thread got off topic
Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
So weird how this thread got off topic
Yea very aggravating I did my best to keep it on topic.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Registered

Skanks on my fountain

Old 09-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Skanks on my Baja....see the difference in quality?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the same sizes being compared, but I have owned a 88 240 sport, and a 92 24 outlaw. Now I have a 95 27 fountain fever, and the build quality is night and day. I loved my outlaws, but I gotta say that this fountain is a nice upgrade. The ride is much more solid and sporty, boat feels lighter in the water even though its 800lbs heavier dry. I have completely stripped an outlaw and have been through the fountain somewhat thoroughly. I can't stress enough the difference in build, and the performance parts that are standard on the fountain. However I have read the 33 and 36 are the best built outlaws, and pretty sure the majority of them will have kplanes and full steering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.