Notices

**disclaimer**

Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, you guys have me thinking about it.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Good luck!!

I wish I could, I'm not having very good luck quitting. I quit 2yrs ago for about 7months, then came winter and a night of heavy drinking and I'm back to smoking. The wife and I bought our top gun 1 1/2 yrs ago, promised her when we bought it I would quit, even went as far as naming the boat "last pack"!!! It's going to be a good boat name when I actually do quit but right now it just kicks me in the balls when I look at it! Lol
Old 11-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I treat my former smoking habit as an addiction similar to drug or alcohol. I had relapse so many times in the past and finally realize that "just one" could never happen again. After 18 years, I still want one. Support is important so tell everyone that you know that you have stopped. I quit without any aids but use whatever works at any cost. Good luck. Buy yourself a cool reward for quitting. Doug
Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get E cig with no nicotine, might try that to ease the craving. Or, just take unemployment.......you get like 50 months i hear
Old 11-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I quit 25 years ago. If I can do it you can do it FOCKER!!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you job hunting for? Health care field? My family is in HR in a pretty big firm in Toledo, I could at least get you a interview if needed.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

FWIW Since I quit, my wife switched to e-cigs, (greensmoke on the lowest nicotine). Best friend also quit, if the people close to you see you succeed it inspires them to rethink their smoking also.

Pretty much a win-win except for the eating. Might as well decide to quit sugar and high fat at the same time. I gained a lot but have lost all but ten which I am working on. Would have been a lot easier to watch my total calories in the first place.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

I've got to quit reading this thread..... its making me want a smoke.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
I chewed off and on for years, at the peak I was chewing most of the day. Tapered it off to avoiding it at work and only in the garage and golfing. Finally I fugured out I didnt like it much anymore and dont even crave it anymore. Mind you, chewy has 10 times the nicotine as a ciggy...you can do it.
I have made it off chew for 6 - 8 months on multiple occasions and it never fails, I get hammered at some social outing, a buddy gives me a pinch, and the next day I am at the store buy a can...

CHIT SUCKS!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by iamjoe
I quit for 18 years then on a motorcycle trip in the northwoods of Wisconsin, I had dinner with a guy I didn't know. It was a blackened filet at Blink Bonnies. Right when we finished he sat back and lit one. It smelled so good after just eating that steak, I got one from him and that was it. Smoked for another 6 years until I got some Chantix. Not only did it work but I had really cool dreams from this stuff. Once dreamed I was blowing down the Kennedy expressway in a 39 cig, weaving in and out of traffic (cars). Blasted the Harlem ave overpass with a giant roost, paid my toll at O'Hare and opened it up going west on I90. Its been a year and o be honest if I could I would smoke. I like the entire ritual of lighting up, flicking the ashes, etc.

Good luck and try some Chantix
Chantix f'd my dreams up too...

One of my buddies had dreams of soap bubbles falling out of airplanes and exploding upon impact with anything..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.