From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 04-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Gentlemen,

I appreciate the VERY kind words, means allot coming from well respected OSO members like yourselves.

Quinlan- Touche`, I deserved that. Every time I say "this is it" yet somehow, someway an opportunity presents itself and well. you know the rest. One factor I have to consider is this boat took over 1 yr from the time I put my deposit down on a production slot the dealer already owned. It was approx a 7mos build and nearly 15mos total.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
He's probably got two orders in.

NASCAT is the Flight Club Ron of Nortech builds. LOL

Precision Details (Chad) asked me if I was trying to compete w/ Ron. The answer is NO I'm not even close to being in Ron's league.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful boat NASCAT, I really like the design. Bring that to Jax next month for the River Rally.
Any changes/updates coming for the 340, or 390 that you know of?

I’m always looking for a reason upgrade, and I think you get the latest info before some of the dealers.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Registered

Looks like we'll finally be putting faces w/ names in JAX as I'm already signed up.
CashBar will suspend your OSO account if you don't commit to the event.

I don't think I know more or sooner than the dealers I just stay in touch so I hear about them sooner rather than later.

Coast Key Keyless ignition that uses a fob you wear around your neck works just like a set of BMW or Mercedes proximity keys. No actual ignition just have to be within proximity. Also doubles as a safety lanyard.

SportBoats is building a spec 340 w/ the new Verado 300's, triples.

Not in the loop of anything else at the moment.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
He's probably got two orders in.

NASCAT is the Flight Club Ron of Nortech builds. LOL
Nailed it!!!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you get the coast key? I was considering it for my 390 build.

erik
Old 04-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by erik1976
Did you get the coast key? I was considering it for my 390 build.

erik
Erik,
I did not.
I wanted it but by the time I found out about it and educated myself it was too late so I didn't want to ask them to undo what they'd already done.
To be honest I don't even know what it costs.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Nascat, First off, congrats on another beautiful boat! I see that you opted for no walk thru transom. I can/could make my own assumptions as to why.. But I am curious what your reasons were? I had a 30' Concept that did not have the transom pass thru and I wished it did all the time.

John
Old 04-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jadento
Nascat, First off, congrats on another beautiful boat! I see that you opted for no walk thru transom. I can/could make my own assumptions as to why.. But I am curious what your reasons were? I had a 30' Concept that did not have the transom pass thru and I wished it did all the time.

John
John,

I appreciate the kind words, I'm pretty pleased with they way the finished product turned out.

First and foremost I think it depends on ones intended use of the boat. Mine is strictly pleasure cruising, whether that be on the local lake, down the ICW or a trip to the Bahamas. Maybe a poker run on occasion.
The NT 340 had 2 walk through's from the transom but you had to be careful when you came off plane or you'd end up w/ a tidal wave that crested the walkthru and spilled water into the cockpit (a sea trial in a Mystic 3800 will flood the cockpit all the way to the helm if not careful).

The NT 390 also includes a starboard side dive door standard so if the docking situation works out thats an easy access exit point.

I personally wanted the increased seating capacity the new sport club seat offers. The old jet boat seat, only seats 2, 1 person could barely sit sideways in it.
IMO way more time will be spent socializing and enjoying the many seating areas this boat has to offer than it will be spent boarding or exiting the boat thus me opting for the club sport seat.
The 2 corner rear seat bottoms are removable w/ SeaDek flooring under them. I also added SeaDek to my gunwale tops so I have no issue w/ my boat being boarded that way.

In summary I think it's a matter of personal preference and resale.
A fisherman isn't going to buy my boat someone who enjoys boating like I do will and I believe that I was better off maximizing all the seating options Nor-Tech offers on a 390 currently thus my adding the forward U shape seating seat backs and the 2nd row helm seating.
I made it a point to sit in every seating position during our 50+mph 40 mi trip to Marco Island just to see what my guests experience will be like

Old 04-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Nascat, Thanks for your perspective. I can see your angle and agree that someones type of use most certainly has a major impact on the back seat decision. I guess for myself at the time with 2 younger kids. I found us stopped a lot for a swim and they were climbing over the transom all the time. Alas, I did not have a dive door either. Also, we did many raft ups that ended in the same situation, everyone climbing over the transom all afternoon. Also, in which case the dive door would not have helped. There is a third option which I am sure you have seen. Sunsation and likely others offer both a full width seat and a sort of hidden transom door. I cant speak to the coming off plane issue though.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.