Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Opening Statements Begin In Gratton Lawsuit Trial >

Opening Statements Begin In Gratton Lawsuit Trial

Notices

Opening Statements Begin In Gratton Lawsuit Trial

Old 01-15-2015, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

j.s. you seem to have the answers ,so where was the owner of the boat ,(driver) during all of this event?

if he was there alone for a time what was he doing / was he able to go back and help or was he hurt as well .?

no one has said . but since you have ruled in favor of ( OFF WITH JC<s HEAD ) I assume you know
Old 01-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
According to the 66 page legal complaint the angel divers in the helicopters never even got in the water that day and every passing boat wake put more water in the cockpit essentially drowning Joey Gratton........still glad you "NEVER, EVER stopped a race for an accident on the race coarse?"

In my "opion" SBI has nothing to be proud of if their racers are dying especially if the deaths are preventable.
I think you have absolutely no knowledge of what went on. If your such the expert why did the driver get out before helping? Again since you are the expert please explain what happens to a upside down cat when the tunnel escape hatch opens? Thanks
Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the 66 page legal complaint the angel divers in the helicopters never even got in the water that day and every passing boat wake put more water in the cockpit essentially drowning Joey Gratton........still glad you "NEVER, EVER stopped a race for an accident on the race coarse?"

In my "opion" SBI has nothing to be proud of if their racers are dying especially if the deaths are preventable.
So its wasnt the rough sea conditions wasn't any issue, it was just the boat wakes that makes perfect scene. Lol

You soundnt beleive everything you read , seas at 3 to 4 ft verses boat wakes 6" hummmmmmm. Sounds good in court but really.

I guess you are not going to give us your input on Steve bailing and his partner, if he didnt Joeys family wouldnt be in court .
Old 01-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by extras
I think you have absolutely no knowledge of what went on. If your such the expert why did the driver get out before helping? Again since you are the expert please explain what happens to a upside down cat when the tunnel escape hatch opens? Thanks
I dont think anyone has mentioned anything about the issue with the tunnel escape hatch.....dont know if I really want to go there but you might want to check into that that Sunsation. Or you might want to ask Steve about that....do ur home work and get all your facts first.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Registered

I wonder why one of the exhibits displays and is marked as a helicopter diver in the water?
Old 01-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Registered

Next we will have EMT's in court because 911 didnt respond quick enough to a fatal accident, and blame them for lose of life.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Registered

Anyone know the response time the divers reached the tunnel hatch?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Registered

Read a little bit of the case file. When looking at this with an open mindset (boat racing aside)... if the terms of the contract were knowingly materially breached (fraud in the inducement), the contract is voidable between SBI and the plaintiff. The plaintiff nearly needs to prove there was a material breach of contract in order to get a successful judgment. I wish Smarty would put in his $0.02, curious what his thoughts are on this.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IN10SE
Anyone know the response time the divers reached the tunnel hatch?
Tunnel hatch wouldn't open.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:56 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Tunnel hatch wouldn't open.
According to the court docs Page exited the cockpit (without outside assistance ) after trying to free Joey and he himself exhausted his own oxygen . Were divers in the tunnel when Page exited?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.