Info and pics on the Sonic cat. >

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Not trying to thread jack here, but is there any threads talking about real world situations with splashing other hulls ?
Too late on the hijack, so your homework assignment/punishment is Googling the 1988 case of Bonito Boats v. Thunder Craft Boats and reading the whole thing. Be glad I'm not a mod- you'd have a 1000 word synopsis on the VHDPA due tomorrow!

Last edited by Speedracer29; 02-17-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
+1 on bang for the buck but speaking from experience the bravos on a 32 cat will be the weak link and potentially spoil what should be an exciting new purchase.
true michael, but look at how far scx drives have come. A -4 on this with big blocks or even some big hp lsx engines could be very reliable. What will make or break this is the reliability of the builder, whomever it is.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
true michael, but look at how far scx drives have come. A -4 on this with big blocks or even some big hp lsx engines could be very reliable. What will make or break this is the reliability of the builder, whomever it is.
I hear you loud & clear there are other viable options but my comments are in reference to the boat show boat w/ the package offered at that specific affordable price. What will the boat cost w/ the propulsion & drive options you speak of? I'm thinking the excitement & interest in a $225k very current looking flat deck cat w/ turnkey reliable power will be come majorly diluted & more expensive to the point most will say, "yeah but for a few more $$$ I could own a used Skater" etc.

Just a hunch.

Once a few of these get sold & on the water we'll have some much more solid feedback on the fit, finish, performance & handling. Currently it just looks cool & fast.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

The best person to ask about splashing hulls - Manny from Twister Marine in Pompano , FL . He would lay up a hull from your molds and lay one up for himself . Then alter it slightly ,( stretch it , change deck a little , ect. ) and build his own mold .
I dont think he would answer many questions because they found him in the trunk of a car ...... S. Fla used to be pretty tough.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,068 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
520s, Imcos and Drive Guardians it would be bullet proof.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
520s, Imcos and Drive Guardians it would be bullet proof.
thats sounds like a great option.boat be fast too.
I like the look.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what its worth a friend of mine owns many of the Hydrostream hulls, when I told him about a guy that made made a mold and is now selling them made from full composite he just shrugged his shoulders.
He explained that it has been done so often that it would be a full time job to catch them and then you would spend all your money on lawyers trying to sue them.

It is a shame that the industry is in the state but I guess you could argue that the consumer benefits?
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Does Frisini own Sonic or has it been bought by someone else.
Yes Frisini owns Sonic-at least right now.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UR2late
Nordic bought the mold from Peter. Him and Nordic have a great relationship. Nice try though.
I read that it was licensed after the fact of being splashed. I read it on the internet so it must be true. Either way, why would Skater be OK with the sonic cat splash? Does not make any sense.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much do you have to change a hull (if not at all) before you can reproduce it? i have been told it was 10% but someone just said 20-30%? it sounds as though you can copy whatever you want without any legal action taking place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.