Income and boat payments.........(long) >

Income and boat payments.........(long)

Notices

Income and boat payments.........(long)

Old 09-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Income and boat payments.........(long)

Originally posted by 29scarab

As I stated before " everyone is in a different situation"

How true. Especially after reading some of the replies.

Me, well, I am married, have three kids all under 11 and the wife is a stay at home Mom that should tell you that this guy is definately in a different situation

I too have a bunch of hobbies, we love to MX and ATV ride with family and friends. We also do a lot of boating and yes both hobbies cost alot. Heck I have 25K invested in dirt bikes, ATV's and a trailer to haul them so I figure a modest boat at this time is just fine for what we use it for. If I had a larger boat, I would more than likely dump my other hobby in order to jusify the cost of the larger boat. The way it is now, I am happy with both as they both give me pleasure. I tell ya, nothing tickles my big butt more than seeing my three boys ride dirt bikes with their Dad. Boating is a little different as they are basically along for the ride.

Could I go out and get a bigger boat and take on more payments, sure I guess I could but right now I think I like it the way it is. As you said, everyone is in a different situation.

BTW, my wife, three kids and business are all for sale , (hey, how else am I able to get that 50' Outerlimits)
Old 09-05-2002, 05:45 PM
splash n' dash

Hey people, It's kinda like the Harley-d thing. (If I have too explain,you wouldn't UNDERSTAND)!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elimi started a thread first of year that went into "How Much?" Which is one of the 4 questions I get asked all the time. How fast? How much gas? & "Can I have a ride? My answer that I have gone with on How Much is "More than my house" is the answer I give.

When I was in my 20's I had bought a motor home so I could pull my boat to the lake. I worked overtime everytime boss asked so I could make the payments on the boat & motor home. On a trip my wife & I took to Ca. I was stopped at a gas station getting gas & the person next to me keep taking like I was using my dad's MH. I just let him keep on thinking that. Now when ever my wife & I see someone young with something nice we make a joke about it must be there parents.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:29 PM
hughandlinda

How dare you guys, work hard to support your passion. What you should do is sell your boat and give your monthly boat payment to the government so they can help the people who don't want to work stay home eating twinkies and watch Opra!(hehe)

Old 09-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

This is an interesting topic.

There was another topic similar to this awhile back. I think it had to do with how some people are able to afford that we have on the board here. I noticed a post from someone that said they have a rule at their house. The rule was that ALL toys had to be paid for in cash or they couldn't have any. I found it a little odd, but realized that everyone has something different that works for them. If that were the case for me I wouldn't have any toys at all. No reason to wait 10 years to pay cash for something that I can enjoy no IMO.

My wife is always complaining because she can't go spend $300 at the Mall every other weekend like her sister and friends. She seems to think that they have it better then us because they can do this. I see it differently. I know for a fact that we make a better living. We just choose to spend our $ differently then others. I have to remind her that while they are spending all day Saturday in the mall we are out in our Scarab (which these people think is a dumb purchase anyway) enjoying our friends and children meeting new people. That is worth it all IMO. Keep the mall and all the clothes, I'll take the boat.

It's all in how we spend our money, not in what we have to spend.

Buck
Old 09-05-2002, 07:00 PM
btrysNOTincld

Default You're Loosin' Me, but hopefully not for too long!!!

I've over-extended myself, and knew I was doing it. I have an absolute passion for performance power boating and sunk most of what I've made into it. Then I got married, and she does not share the same amount of passion... she "likes" it, but isn't passionate, and doesn't understand my passion. Now, got our first kid on the way (due FEB 1) and it's time to trade in the boat for diapers and strollers!!!

You're loosing me for now as a performance boating brother, but hopefully this kdi thing develops into some family boating adventure in the future...I'll always be with you guys at heart (especially when near a body of water and hear that screaming rumble of high HP running across the water!!!).

Buh-bye! BTW, anyone wanna buy a nice Baja 342???
Attached Thumbnails Income and boat payments.........(long)-profile11.jpg  

Old 09-05-2002, 07:02 PM
hughandlinda

Thumbs up

Hey Buck183, you are on the money, I can tell our memories on the boat will last forever, that is the ones we can remember, beer amnisia(sp). We have 2 boys and they love the water. I am very blessed my wife sees things exactly like I do(except she thinks a 35mph cruise is fine.)

Old 09-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

. I am very blessed my wife sees things exactly like I do(except she thinks a 35mph cruise is fine.)

I here ya on that one. LOL

Buck
Old 09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this thread.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:23 PM
DTH

I for one get really tired of hiding my boat from non boaters. I bought a twin engine 29 Outlaw this spring and love the boat but find myself worrying what they may think. My broker happened to be at loto with his kids the same time I did so I took him and some others for a ride. Stopped to fuel up and he about sh!t. I just told him that my boats have lost me a helluva lot less than he has the last few years.

Quick Reply: Income and boat payments.........(long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.