Towing with the new H2 Hummer! >

Towing with the new H2 Hummer!

Notices

Towing with the new H2 Hummer!

Old 09-05-2002, 12:51 PM
CJC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the boat is distributed real nice across the trailer -thus all 4 wheels making ground contact. Any vehicle can get a boat rolling.........but being in control?????

I think he's looking to add another yellow skid mark down the side!

Other than making for a real nice picture, the Hummer should stay in the driveway. If he has to stop fast, that Cig is gonna make that Hummer into a speed bump.

CJC
Old 09-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hope he has good insurance
Old 09-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Exclamation

I think the wheel base on that truck is too small to be handling that boat!!! If he's planning on driving it around the block...then go for it. It does kinda look cool. Anything other then that...no way i would try it!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-05-2002, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wow!

Now I don't feel so bad. You see I just bought and H-2 as well and I was hoping I could pull my 36 spectre with it. 7200lbs +trailer(1800lbs) for a total weight of around 9000lbs. I was a little worried about the 6500lb tow rating.

My Expidition 235 hp 2wd air/susp pulls the package easily at 65+ mph

The Hummer has 316 hp. w/air susp and 4wheel drive

Do you think I should be concerned?

my trailer is a triple axle w/brakes

Maximus
Old 09-05-2002, 01:44 PM
GRH

Originally posted by Jeffrey

I only mentioned the drive and engine package as the combo obviously adds weight over a Bravo and 575 package.
And here I thought you were bragging

Old 09-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Registered

I think you're insurance company will be real happy when they don't have to pay the claim. Let's say you get in a wreck - they can deny your claim due to "reckless operation" since you are WAY over the tow rating on that vehicle.

Maybe I'm just a bit risk-adverse, but trailing a big ticket boat, with no insurance, using a vehicle that is not up to the job, just makes me a wee bit nervous.... Not to mention what happens if you injure or (God forbid) kill someone else in a wreck - can you say "lawsuit"?

I guess I don't understand how someone (general statement, not picking on Jeffery's partner or Maximus specifically) can drop hundreds of thousands of dollars on a boat, another 10 or 15 on a nice trailer, but puts the whole rig at risk by not spending 35 or 40K on a truck equipped to handle the load.

For a 42' boat on that trailer, he should be looking at a one ton truck, minimum. If it were me, I'd be looking into an F-450 or 550 for a little extra capacity (and peace of mind).

As always, YMMV...
Old 09-05-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

Hey Jeffrey-

You should tell Jim that he might as well have gone for the Mercedes A-Class with a lift kit. I'm sure that is available in yellow too.........I mean that is why he got the H2 to pull the Tiger right? I think this thread is about 1 week too late.

Attached Thumbnails Towing with the new H2 Hummer!-mini.jpg  
Old 09-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bet the tranny takes a **** before the brakes. Can you get an Allison in one of those? What kind of interior is in those new hummers? I thought it was hard getting in & out of a C3 Corvette until I got in a big Hummer.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's gonna leave a little yellow mark..somewhere..
Old 09-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Registered

I think he should give me the Tiger so I can tow it with my F350 ! Ton !!!! I hear the H2 is nothing more than a Tahoe with square body panels? I'm curious because the wife wants one. As for me, I will stay with my F350. Wardey

Quick Reply: Towing with the new H2 Hummer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.