I can't believe all the pontoons >

I can't believe all the pontoons

Notices

I can't believe all the pontoons

Old 06-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostbros
its about time for someone to add a beak and then come the steps on the toons ......wait for it......lol
They are already putting steps in the toons.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I spent Saturday at LOTO on a buddy's Bennington tritoon (2575 I belive) with a 250 SHO Yamaha. We left lake race when everyone is did (very rough water) and I think it handled the rough water better than my 29 ft Baja. Especially considering I was sitting on one of the front couches. We ran 30-35mph the entire time. It wasn't silky smooth and we did get some water spray but it was definitely tolerable for sitting down in front.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I spent Saturday at LOTO on a buddy's Bennington tritoon (2575 I belive) with a 250 SHO Yamaha. We left lake race when everyone is did (very rough water) and I think it handled the rough water better than my 29 ft Baja. Especially considering I was sitting on one of the front couches. We ran 30-35mph the entire time. It wasn't silky smooth and we did get some water spray but it was definitely tolerable for sitting down in front.
We did the same. But I was gonna say I thought we getting a little beat up, especially in front. The sounds the pontoons make are concerning too. The marlago would have been much nicer that day.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I rented a 26' tri-toon last summer with a 150 Suzuki on LOTO to haul my son around for his 21st bday. All I have to say is if you go 'toon go twins or big single with power steering. I've been driving boats of all sizes for years and I looked like a monkey humping a football trying to maneuver that thing in tight spaces around the docks. Seemed like there were 25 turns of the wheel lock to lock and you could count to 10 after putting the thing in gear before the boat would react. Otherwise it was a pretty good ride on the main channel. I did manage to put a cruiser wake on top of the bimini turning back into the cove for Point Oasis!
Attached Thumbnails I can't believe all the pontoons-pos-toon.jpg  
Old 06-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Registered

Buddy of mine 76yrs old acts like he 36 had a stroke last deer season. Lost pretty much the use of the right side of his body. He still wants to boat he has a Cig TG TS, Baja 36 Outlaw, Sunseeker cruiser and every other toy on the planet scattered over three homes. He loves his toys but has to have ones that cater to his needs now . I read something about a joystick operating pontoon? Is this something that might work? He bought a side by side to replace the 4wheelers and has mastered that. Now he's ready to get back on the loto.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by nova26
Buddy of mine 76yrs old acts like he 36 had a stroke last deer season. Lost pretty much the use of the right side of his body. He still wants to boat he has a Cig TG TS, Baja 36 Outlaw, Sunseeker cruiser and every other toy on the planet scattered over three homes. He loves his toys but has to have ones that cater to his needs now . I read something about a joystick operating pontoon? Is this something that might work? He bought a side by side to replace the 4wheelers and has mastered that. Now he's ready to get back on the loto.
If he got one rigged with twins he could use axius. Idk about higher speeds though.

I've often daydreamed about a single stick for steering with throttle trigger. With enough money, anything is possible.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Registered

...so everyone has finally come to agree that these tri-toons are practical and fun? don't think this is how the thread was intended lol i use pontoons every day love them
Old 06-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by nova26
joy stick control would be awesome.................................. there you have it, I officially posted on a toon thread, 8,400 views, priceless
Old 06-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nofastboat
...so everyone has finally come to agree that these tri-toons are practical and fun? don't think this is how the thread was intended lol i use pontoons every day love them
Got your PM, your inbox is full
Old 06-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
No hate, just good natured ribbing.

-Lets be honest, this is Offshore ONLY! Trying to gain support for you pontoon on an offshore boating site is like logging onto Porsche forums and trying to gain interest and support for your new Prius! Haha

First CC's, now pontoons, sail boats next

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.