Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend?? >

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??

Notices

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??

Old 06-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You really need to look at an Aluminum Boat Manufacturer.

For the abuse and use they are the best by far and they are easily configurable to many different setups as there is no "set" mold design. In boards, outboard, diesels all easy to do.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
You really need to look at an Aluminum Boat Manufacturer.

For the abuse and use they are the best by far and they are easily configurable to many different setups as there is no "set" mold design. In boards, outboard, diesels all easy to do.
I agree that aluminum boats can be quite tough. Aside from Metalshark's 40' fearless, I have not seen any designs that are made for high speed. Most are quite heavy, slow and very expensive. If there were a builder in the SE that makes offshore race style hulls with comparable performance, enhanced durability over FRP all at a competitive price point, I'd be leaning heavily that way. Unfortunately, I have never heard of any such manufacturer. Any ideas or references?
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Pantera could have been the builder.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll
I agree that aluminum boats can be quite tough. Aside from Metalshark's 40' fearless, I have not seen any designs that are made for high speed. Most are quite heavy, slow and very expensive. If there were a builder in the SE that makes offshore race style hulls with comparable performance, enhanced durability over FRP all at a competitive price point, I'd be leaning heavily that way. Unfortunately, I have never heard of any such manufacturer. Any ideas or references?
Im not feeln thst there was sguy that built a badazz looking aium perfboat 9 or 10 years ago here on oso there was a build thread i think it was toolight and beat the piss out of you and would not run in bigstuff. Anyone know whatever became of that boat?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by formula223
Formula is the heaviest, longest lasting, they don't make outboards, but if you are looking for serveral different models that will all run in the 70's and last forever, it is in my opinion the only real choice. And I drive a Fountain.
Yeah the apache ownerz all crap their pants when a formula rolls up the starting línea of a big water offshore race lmao
Old 06-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

I have all of the original Team Scarab Molds ranging from 26' to 46' that we can build sterndrive or outboard witch we have built both in all of the models. and we can do stepped or not just let us know. vacumm bagging all of or boats for the last 25 plus years using all of the latest materials.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is your aluminum boat builder ! ! !

http://www.silverships.com/.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I cant find the thread but there was a Guy across the pond (Germany, Stockholm or somewhere like that) that built a aluminum offshore boat. I remember it was black, twin diesel's,
Old 06-23-2015, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

WE also have built diesel with shaft drives and rudders for endurance and military.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There were some very good Scarab hulls!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.