Like Tree0Likes

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

Saber 28
You are right about the Advertising the potential Customers need to know ‘Who” to come to!
Old 09-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

My Boats: 1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SABER28
being a small company , i don't think they can afford to put the effort into racing like fountain does. they did however race a 28 in the past called "WAVE HIPPIE". i have a picture of it at least 5 foot out of the water, level as can be! racing nowdays is not something that boats like a SABER can be competitive in. is there even a class for a 28 foot boat with twins? what does a 28 foot boat run top end with hp500's?
I have personally riden in and played with the tab/drive trim buttons on the Wave Hippie race boat. Apache Kid on this board used to own it. Small block 355's and the boat would run 80 mph in 3 footers. I ran with Jay from Grand Haven to Muskegon in nasty 4-6' conditions right next to a 32 Baja. We simply throttled thru the rough while the Baja had a more difficult time with it.

As a honest to goodness boat whore (I sometimes jump boat to boat when mine is down or I don't have it with me!!!) I have ridden in and driven A LOT OF BOATS IN ALL CONDITIONS and I do have to say that the Saber 28 is one of, if not the best riding 28's on the market. The 28 Active Thunder being another, as well as SuperV's 28 Challenger. All VERY different boats, but all ride very well.

And yes, SABER28 does run his boat a lot, in all conditions, and ALWAYS makes me feel slow when he goes flying by me!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:07 PM
Registered

Why is it that when ever a rule is changed to make racing more competitive people take personal offense ??? I guess these people have never raced in any other form of motorsports, where rules changes happen almost on a daily basis.

Bottom line to Reggie's grip is that The X dimension specified by APBA is over 1" higher than multiple Fountains that where checked out. Sounds pretty simple sell what you produce.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

NASCAR ajusts rules all the time to keep competition even and look how popular it is.what will reggie do if his company goes belly up?
Old 09-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

My Boats: 1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!

Oh, and bite me copper!!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: Fountain

The real problem........ Michael Alewife http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/greatla...h/alewife.html

is a Phknlwyer.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Sunsation 32

Quote:
Originally posted by Back4More
Oh, you mean the restyled Excaliber?

Since when Is an Offshore boat an investment?
Its money thrown at a hole in the water for pleasure.
Thats the damn truth. I just wish they didnt depriciate so much.

Old 09-16-2002, 08:36 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Quote:
Originally posted by SABER28

this guy has an ego that probably will be the death of his company
His ego, along with some determination, drive, ambition, and marketing have built a great high performance boat manufacturing business. I wish I was in his position. I'm not crazy about Fountain boats, but there is a lot to be admired in what he has accomplished.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

the 24 bat boat will give any boat under 30' a run for the money.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

mr offshore,
i did not bash two other major boat companies with my statement, did i? BTW the non boater does not call them fountains do they, no they call them cigarettes! why, because they are the legendary boat, maybe reggie is jealous about this. second i am not the CEO of SABER, so to me there is a subtle diff. between my opinion and the company CEO who states as fact there is no better. kind of like saying you just ate the best burger you ever had and the chef who claims the resturant across town is inferior to his. there is , in my eyes, a difference.
as far as your bat boat, i have never seen one. this boat may somehow be superior, i do not know. nor does it really matter to 99.9% of boaters. these are not a boat with any appeal to a recreational boater.as far as offshore racing, do you think its in better shape today than it was 10 years ago? i think it is far worse, and reggies childish outbursts certainly will make it worse, don't you think?