Like Tree0Likes

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

INDY
lots of companies have been built with CEO's that don't have the ego and are usually better off for it. sure he has built a large company, thats great, i'm not *****ing about that, i'm sick of his bashing other boat builders.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

My Boats: It's how well you go fast

hummm better 10 years ago??...then tell me why the tv coverage has increased this year! the progams are more primtime than ever!!! no 3 am wednesday nights....nows it 10 am saturdays and 3 pm shows during the week...hell,,,,truth be known they should turn it into the WWF!!!!!

now i'm git'n OT
Old 09-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Saber...If you don't think that CEOs of large companies don't have big egos, than you haven't met many. They are hard driving, "get out of my way", sharp personalities that might project a mild public image, but behind the closed doors, they're tough cookies that are on a mission. It's dog eat dog out there and their ego is going to drive them to success. They might not be wearing gold chains, but think how stupid Reggie would look wearing a three piece suit to a poker run.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:09 AM

My Boats: Don't even mention the word boat

Saber, Just let it go, you say you don't bash other boats but you obviously do. "ok, i just nailed a 8' 2X4 on my bow, now do i have a 36 foot boat?"

I don't know a damn thing about Saber boats but your attitude alone has turned me off from them!!!!!!!! I guess Reggies attitude did the same to you on Fountains.

WILL
Old 09-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Registered

27 fountain
reggie speaks for fountain, i do not speak for SABER. i never said fountains turn me off, did i? my sig. on the bottom is more of an inside joke with certain other members on this board than a bash on your beak. funny how you guys have such a reaction to any bow type comments reggies ego turns me off, not your boat, sir
Old 09-16-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

you guys should also note that nowhere in this thread have i bashed on reggies rather unique apparel preferences. BTW mr. offshore i could add a nice powder coated platform if i wanted, care to saw yours off!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292

SABER28,

It may be wise to take some time and re-read your posts. You claimed that your 28 SABER will out handle any other 28 with the same power. You clearly show your opinionated stand point the SAME way Mr. Fountain does. I must agree with Jesse James, that whether you agree, disagree, like or dislike Fountains, all this talk and hype generates attention. Attention culminates in sales. So in effect you are helping to sell Fountains. Furthermore, I have been in SEVERAL boats 28 feet or less that I can ASSURE you will out run your SABER regardless of water conditions. Does this mean I don't like your boat. ABSOLUTELY NOT! I don't know a SINGLE thing about them and so long as you enjoy your boat then that is all that matters.

Four of the boats that I am referring to that will without a shadow of a doubt out run speed wise and out handle your 28 are the 24 Skater, 28 Skater, 24 BatBoat, and the 28 BatBoat. I have owned, been in or raced each of these aforementioned vessels. In addition, these boats will accomplish this with less power. Is this intended to bash, be-little, insult or put down your boat, the manufacturer, or anyone else that has a high performance boat 28 or shorter? NOPE, just stating facts!

As far as Mr. Fountain and his contributions and or detractions from offshore racing... Let me tell you this, there is probably only one or two individuals, especially boat builders that have done so much to enhance the sport of offshore racing. I have been fortunate enough to meet Mr. Fountain on several occassions. No one will doubt his presence and shall we say "exceptionally confident demeanor", but that does not nullify his contributions to the sport. I personally, am more like a Scott Porter type than Reggie Fountain, but we still all need to recognize what he has done and accomplished. Do I agree with everything he says or does? Of course not! I do find him interesting and so does the media. There are many faces of motorsport today that can looked at like Reggie. It is fact of life and it is what has brought him the success he has had.

Last edited by Shane; 09-16-2002 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:28 AM
jb
Registered

well said shane...(your last paragraph)
Old 09-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

If you are looking for faults with any manufacturer you will find them. Unless of course you own a formula . Seriously They all have their plusses and minus's. You Saber28 weighed out the plusses and minus and bought your saber while another guy did the same thing and came up Fountain. Do you REALLY think it matters if Reggie has a bad comb over or wears a lot of gold when you make your decision? Do you really think that they glossy adds sells boat? It may get ya to look at one but when it comes down to plunking HUGE cash on a boat there is so much more to it then a glossy add.

As for the troubles that they are in. It is no doubt very bad. HOWEVER like I stated before I am sure that even Cig, Skater and many other competitors to Foutain (even the ones he puts down) are not happy to see them hurting as it sets a tone for the intustry as a whole. Some things are just out of your control. Like today I show up at my shop and the owner that just 3 days ago told me not to worry that I have at leaste tell spring to stay told me that any day now they are going to disconect my power!!!! The guy has been lieing to me all this time. WHAT A SCUM BAG!!!! This is the type of back door BS that companies go through all the time.

I do not think you can argue what Fountain has done with and for powerboating in general. Why slam him for being proud.

Jon
Old 09-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Registered

shane
you said you know nothing about SABER, however you are absolutely certain you know which boats can outrun one talk about confidence. i wonder if you guys opinion of him will change if fountain goes belly up. i'm not cheering for that to happen, but it looks possible. you call it exceptionally confident demeanor, some call it arrogance, it's been the downfall of many companies and people.BTW my comment about handling are more geared towards other recreational boats with cabins and sundecks, i am not comparing it towards race boats or these batboats i heard about.