Like Tree0Likes

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

i never bashed a fountain boat mike, do read my posts or do you just assume i'm bashing them. i'm sick of him claiming his boats are the best all the time. simply NOT true! i'm glad you like your boat, i like mine too.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292

SABER28,

I suggest you try P-Class, I am sure many of your questions will be answered very quickly right then and there! I am certain it will be a humbling and enlightening experience.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Registered

Shane, Well said! I have to agree with you. I was not aware this thread was about who makes the fastest 28’ boat, but it seems to have evolved in that direction. I also agree that size for size; a 28’ Skater would be a VERY hard boat to beat in ANY water condition by a 28’ “V” bottom. I have never been out in a 28’ Bat Boat, but I can’t forget George Linder’s smile at Skater Fest 2001 after going for a ride with Chuck. He was shaking his head and if I remember correctly, the word he used was “Amazing”. As far as Reggie’s ego goes, Sure he has a big one, and rightfully so. His Company has evolved into a giant, partially due to brilliant marketing, and partially due to his record on the racecourse. Reggie knows how to walk the very fine line between speaking of his accomplishments, and taking credit for inventing the offshore powerboat, as we know it. BTW, I wonder what the initial “M” in his middle name stands for???? We could run a contest, yea that’s it! I think I know, but T2x has sworn me to secrecy. Most successful boat builders have large egos. When their boats are out on the racecourse winning they have many reasons to be proud of their accomplishments. Granted, some very successful builders are soft spoken, Peter Hledin, Rich Luhrs, Bob Saccenti, George Linder, to name a few, they let the records do most of the talking. .
I have hit on the next “What’s in a name” post.
Philip
Old 09-16-2002, 06:05 PM
FRANKIEFRANKIE

Default The Answer Reggies 1st Production Boat

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve 1
Back for more BOY Wrong dead wrong what was Reggies first production Boat and who Built it??

His and Gary's (Partners at the time) first production boat was called an Executioner. It was built by Mr. Farmer from the 29' Aronow hull designs. Don Able was the guy they got the molds from.

Also, a 28' Magnum left Florida and returned as a 30' Skater.

All of these are really one of another.

Had quite a time on all of them.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Hear there was a new site coming with some of this history. Let you know more when I hear.

Last edited by FRANKIEFRANKIE; 09-16-2002 at 06:13 PM.

Old 09-16-2002, 07:17 PM
Registered

Here's just a few more thoughts.

Reggie builds a Great Boat, and love him or hate him he's like George Steinbrenner he brings attention to the sport

Do I agree with what he says about APBA not at all, but I'm sure from his standpoint he's getting more bang for his buck being the show in SBI, rather than another player in APBA.

As for the people who say how bad he'll look if Fountain goes out of business (which I hope he doesn't) Where have these guys been when the Grand daddy Cigarette has been through how many hands in the last decade or two ?

Lastly short of Don Arronow who (from a building, racing, and marketing stand point) has done more for offshore racing ?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Curt

Well said Rum Runner. Although I would say he is the Steve Spurrier of high performance boating. Some people hate him, some people love him, but either way no one can dispute his history of success.

Old 09-17-2002, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 Formula 400SS

My thoughts about Reggie! If you don't like Fountain Boats, don't buy one! But to trash Reggie is not cool! I went to most of the APBA races last year, and had a chance to see Reggie in action, and was able to visit with him several times. There is no man involved in powerboats that commands the respect of everyone around him like Reggie does! Period! As for his Company being in trouble, what high-performance boat builder is doing well right now? He will survive, and he will keep making Fountains for a long time to come. By the way, I own a Scarab!
Old 09-17-2002, 08:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: It's how well you go fast

donzi and active thunder to name 2
Old 09-17-2002, 08:39 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

isn't i strange how these companies can do so well and probably 99% of hi-per boaters could not name the company owners, ego's unnessasary.

Last edited by SABER28; 09-17-2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:57 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292

I would not go much farther SABER28. I would bet many if not most people here know the names and probably have worked with the owners of the company of the boat they have. For instance, I have a Formula and a Skater and know Scott Porter personally and have spent some time with and spoken several times to Peter Hledin. Let's see, yup I know Pat at Active Thunder, John Coen at Superboat...shall we continue? You have to realize, that many if not most of us, take our pride and joy VERY SERIOUSLY and consider these relationships important. I think you might just be barking up the wrong tree. You would most likely be more successful at challening Al Gore to just about any political topic than you would be challenging any of us on our boats.