2- 14 yr olds missing on possible failed Bahamas trip >

2- 14 yr olds missing on possible failed Bahamas trip

Notices

2- 14 yr olds missing on possible failed Bahamas trip

Old 07-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts
Default 2- 14 yr olds missing on possible failed Bahamas trip

2 kids bought $110 in fuel for a 19 SeaCraft and went out the Jupiter Inlet Friday afternoon and haven't been seen since. Reward is up to 100K. Bahamas is 60 miles away, boat could certainly make it but weather has been rough in the last 3 afternoons.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...navtype=outfit

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...r-missi/nm6s9/

Update, 11:10 a.m.: Neighbor and former NFL star Joe Namath joined families of the missing teens in a news conference today to announce that the reward for finding the boys has been increased to $100,000.

The news conference was held at a home in Tequesta and started around 11 a.m., according to Pamela Cohen, mother of Perry Cohen. The family announced a $60,000 award Saturday night, but has since collected more money for the effort.

UPDATE: Coast Guard to search into night for missing Tequesta boys photo
Austin Stephanos is one of two teens the Coast Guard continues to search for Saturday morning. He and Perry Cohen set out from the Jupiter Inlet on a fishing trip yesterday.
Namath and family thanked the Coast Guard and the public for help in searching for the teens.

Family members added that only qualified boaters and trained professionals should be involved in the search.

The search continues north of Jupiter and east of Fort Pierce for the two teens missing from the Jupiter Inlet Friday afternoon, according to Coast Guard officials.

Two additional aircraft from U.S. Customs and Border Protection are assisting the Coast Guard in the search Sunday morning, officials report. Crews have searched about 14,447 miles since Friday at 5 p.m., Coast Guard Petty Officer Mark Barney said.

Tequesta residents Austin Stephanos and Perry Cohen, both 14, were headed in the direction of the Bahamas in a 19-foot vessel for a fishing trip when they were reported missing.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The reward money pales compared to the specter of finding those kids alive, that would be reward enough for me. I hope this turns out for the best.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
The reward money pales compared to the specter of finding those kids alive, that would be reward enough for me. I hope this turns out for the best.
I hope it works out for the kids......the reward might have a negative value if they actually made it to the Bahamas. That could be seen as a ransom/reward if they hold the kids longer, increase the reward type thing.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:50 PM
Registered

Boat has been found, capsized 200 miles north.....nobody aboard

The Coast Guard broadened a search Sunday for two 14-year-old fishing buddies missing in the Atlantic for two days while families of the teens narrowed their focus to one hoped-for outcome: survival.

“We are going to find them today. We are going to bring them home,” said Carly Black, the mother of Austin Stephanos.

The teens' boat was found capsized about 70 miles off the Ponce de Leon Inlet near Daytona Beach, the Coast Guard said Sunday afternoon.

Tequesta Police tweeted the boat had "no souls on board."

Petty Officer Steve Lehmann said neither boy was in or around the boat. The engine cover was missing and one life jacket was on board, said Corporal Emir Yildiz, Tequesta police spokesman.

The 19-foot boat will be anchored in place while search-and-rescue efforts continue. Lehmann said the Coast Guard was recalculating its search plans based on the boat's location
Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Sad. I would trade places with those 2 boys right now and take my chances on being found. Or not.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is very sad, I just hope and pray there is a good out come.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

My thoughts are with these kids... I sure as heck am praying for a good outcome. As a boater this hits home.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Praying they are found ok.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

it was unseasonably blowing like Hell here in Naples on Friday out of the West.Had to be big a few miles offshore on the East coast.

Not good conditions for a low transom mounted outboard..

Not looking good.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sad but they seem a little young to go offshore in a small boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.