Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OCM's World has come crashing down on them. >

OCM's World has come crashing down on them.

Notices

OCM's World has come crashing down on them.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am launching shortly and driving right by there. I know one boat was pulled yesterday already but as much as it should happen I am thinking everything will still be there when I go by.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know at least one other boat was pulled out this morning.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

This thread should be poofed immediately! There is no way this could be true, after all these are freshwater boats and it didn't happen in Florida!
Old 08-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Couginitnordic
Tim is shady. I know too many people that have not had savory dealings with him. When he was just in Oregon the deals where getting shady then he moved....my guess is he was feeling heat then. That's why he relocated for a fresh start. I am glad my bull**** meter went off years ago during my first meeting with him. I bought from someone else because I felt he could not be trusted. He reminds me of Mr Warnock...although Tim has never killed anyone from their own greed like he did.
Where was this in Oregon?
Old 08-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cole2534
The original post was written with anticipation. Did this shop have prior shady dealings?
I wrote the thread at 2:00 am after discovering the wire confirmation #'s that he sent as "proof" that the wire had been sent turned out they weren't wire confirmation #'s at all, coupled with the fact that he had sworn up and down to a friend of mine (another guy that is awaiting payment) and myself that he had Fed Ex'd a check that day, which he had not sent.

Originally Posted by USMC2010
I am launching shortly and driving right by there. I know one boat was pulled yesterday already but as much as it should happen I am thinking everything will still be there when I go by.
I know of 3 boats now personally that have been removed.

DCM 21 V-drive (Consignment)
39 MTI (Consignment)
27 Dana (consignment)

i'm not sure if there has been more or not. After I got my interests out of the building I'm never looking back.

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 08-24-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
If anybody is selling squares, I pick Sunday night for a low speed pontoon / man overboard incident.

Nevermind, that's already been done before.

They raced P1 together... Must have traded business tactics.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Registered

This was in Portland. OCM= Oregon Custom Marine
Old 08-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Couginitnordic
This was in Portland. OCM= Oregon Custom Marine
Not quite - shop started in Oregon and Moved to Havasu, at the time under the same name Oregon Custom Marine.

Name changed recently to "Offshore Custom Marine" - same people still in Lake Havasu.

I only followed it a bit, it does indeed appear to have gone pear shaped.

Feel bad for the guys that got burned,including River Dave who in stand up fashion tried to be fair as hell to Tim.

Hope it turns around.

UD
Old 08-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

I personally had only one dealing with Tim, it was to service my Hallett. That all went ok, but one prop had a nick on it so they were to send both props out to fix the one and check the other. When I picked them up they told me that there was a crack on the good one and charged me to repair it. I seriously doubt that there was anything wrong with it but couldn't prove it. I would not go back in there for anything. He is creepy!
Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Registered

Had to fix my post above.. The third boat was consignment as well. Tim charged him 4,000 for a wrap saying the paint job wasn't to mosts liking. It's been over a year, no wrap, and no 4K back..

To date nobody has been paid.

Tim is meeting one seller at the bank with the cops in 14 minutes.. All he has to do is show up though. If he doesn't pay it's a civil issue (for now) according to the cops. Zero chance both parties get paid today..

If you have or know someone with a boat at OCM this is "last call" get your **** out of there, or you are gonna pay the price.. That whole program is going to come crumbling down pretty quick.

RD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.