Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Prop and speed question for triple drives?????????? >

Prop and speed question for triple drives??????????

Notices

Prop and speed question for triple drives??????????

Old 09-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I'm running 31P on the outside, 32P on the center. At lower speeds, I do have to run a hair more throttle on the center engine to keep the revs even, but as speed increases things line up better. Getting on plane, it's almost impossible to keep the center motor in sync with the outsides. It gradually comes up to speed as the outside engines hook up.
Your weight would be comparable to mine and your props are tuned so that makes me think there is something left on the table that I can pick up by prop work. I am open to prop work but I also want to see what my slippage is now.

With the center engine more loaded and the sync working normal according to all the descriptions here I guess I am not so worried to scan the tps on all the engines with the sticks to make sure they are synced up there. They probably are all in sync on the sticks and the load situation is a measure of difference on the tach's.

Great info all and thanks. I love learning about boats and dialing one in.

Oh and a question too: Is your center prop the same diameter or different from the outters?

Last edited by aquaforce; 09-02-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was thinking about this prop tuning while working on my trailer today. This question came to mind. Is the "X" dimension on a Formula 419 good enough to even tune the props? Compared to boats with a high "X" dimension mine may be so low that all the props are more submerged and not surfacing enough to change the pitch or have gains.
So what about this idea?