Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Panty dropper charged with running from cops. >

Panty dropper charged with running from cops.

Notices

Panty dropper charged with running from cops.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I watched this same thing happen at my cottage years ago. A big MTI or Skater was taking off in the lake and all of a sudden the cops tried to catch him and put the sirens on. There was no way the driver ever saw or heard this cop. They eventually tracked him down with a helicopter about 40 miles later. My guess is he never knew the guy was there. When I am driving, usually the last place I am concerned about is what is directly behind me.
I had a similar incident in Holland Michigan a number of years ago. We were in Lake Macatawa -- This was the very first time I was on Lake Michigan and no concept of "required documentation or specifics" that were to be on a boat. Also I agree the last thing that you typically look at - is the rear view mirror- unless of course you are pulling a skier....

I had no idea that there was a no-wake zone (almost in the middle of the lake). We are ridding along and my wife told me some guys were catching up to us in a boat with a Blue Light -- I immediately thought - a WallMart Blue Light Special-- as soon as I realized what was going on - I stopped the boat and these "guys" came along side - They weren't the run of the mill troopers. In fact they were quite cordial. They asked for some boat documentation - that I didn't have, they check the life preservers - which were all perfect - they even beeped the horn. They wanted to know if there was an alcohol on the boat - which we didn't -- Finally one of the guys asked me if I had a throwable life preserver- I very politely responded - sir I don't mean to be flippant - but I can throw any of these life preservers. Long and short is that they just gave us a warning - I don't know what the fine would have been - but I know it wouldn't have been pretty. Fast forward 20 years (now) we have a 100% compliant boat/documentation etc. And yes we do have a throwable life preserver.

3pointstar.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
All loud boats which go faster than police patrol boats go 100mph.
Many of which are Bajas, for example. (99% of the general pouplation truly believe this) LOL
Where does Bayliner rank??
Old 09-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
Where does Bayliner rank??
Depends if it has thru Haul exhaust and runs on E85...
Old 09-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TBAG
Wonder what the total number of boats out there named "Panty Dropper" or "Panties Off" lol
The names are bad enough, let alone seeing the same d-bags / skanks all weekend with their matching "panty dropper" shirts, shorts, flat bills, DC shoes, tattoos, etc...
Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont understand your statement. With construction going on at the tappen zee bridge it is a 5 mph no wake zone 1000 yards north and south of the bridge. I dont understand what is to get real about?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
I'm guessing they checked his GPS tattle tale speedometer when they caught up, because they sure couldn't pace his speed.
They just made up the guesstimated speed! They wouldn't know to even hit the tattle tale!

Similar story, different outcome.

Daytona Poker Run 2007- total mayhem. Running 100+ at 3 wide in the ICW in a 25 mph zone. Cops phones rang from Daytona to St Augustine. Some boats passing outside channel markers, running 75+ mph 10 ft off people's docks. Some thumbs up from the crowds, plenty of frowns.

Same run 2008- I had a house in a town just north of Daytona. I drop in, run 10 minutes south to Daytona to start the poker run. This is a wide open body of water (maybe 1 mile wide at the widest point but speed limit is 25). 4 aboard, we are running 50-60 mph. Wife and girlfriend see a cop tied to a dock, he waves, they wave back.....apparently he was waving us over and we never slowed nor did we accelerate.
Next bridge 3/4 mile away becomes no wake. Coasties in a triple engine Rib light up, aggressively board claiming we were fleeing from the local cop with the radar gun. We acknowledge waving but didn't realize he wanted to speak to us. He arrives a couple minutes later, lights/sirens blaring. Poker run starts in 15-20 minutes and is planning on going up this exact waterway. He offers me a ticket for no mufflers or speeding (both same cost/ I decided mufflers would be better.....think it was less than $80). I arrive at the poker run and inform them of what is waiting up river. They decide to run south instead, then out the inlet and run open ocean north. Coasties figure it out and speed through no wake zone to start issuing noise/above idle speed violations to the biggest/nicest boats. Cops on bridges (road units) running radar on boats in the ICW.

2009- Daytona Poker Run Cancelled due to harassment! Keep in mind, this is Daytona, the armpit of Central Florida! It's not exactly "Palm Beach".......
FPC has never done an event there since.......

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 09-02-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
They just made up the guesstimated speed! They wouldn't know to even hit the tattle tale!

Similar story, different outcome.

Daytona Poker Run 2006- total mayhem. Running 100+ at 3 wide in the ICW in a 25 mph zone. Cops phones rang from Daytona to St Augustine. Some boats passing outside channel markers, running 75+ mph 10 ft off people's docks. Some thumbs up from the crowds, plenty of frowns.

Same run 2007- I had a house in a town just north of Daytona. I drop in, run 10 minutes south to Daytona to start the poker run. This is a wide open body of water (maybe 1 mile wide at the widest point but speed limit is 25). 4 aboard, we are running 50-60 mph. Wife and girlfriend see a cop tied to a dock, he waves, they wave back.....apparently he was waving us over and we never slowed nor did we accelerate.
Next bridge 3/4 mile away becomes no wake. Coasties in a triple engine Rib light up, aggressively board claiming we were fleeing from the local cop with the radar gun. We acknowledge waving but didn't realize he wanted to speak to us. He arrives a couple minutes later, lights/sirens blaring. Poker run starts in 15-20 minutes and is planning on going up this exact waterway. He offers me a ticket for no mufflers or speeding (both same cost/ I decided mufflers would be better.....think it was less than $80). I arrive at the poker run and inform them of what is waiting up river. They decide to run south instead, then out the inlet and run open ocean north. Coasties figure it out and speed through no wake zone to start issuing noise/above idle speed violations to the biggest/nicest boats. Cops on bridges (road units) running radar on boats in the ICW.

2008- Daytona Poker Run Cancelled due to harassment! Keep in mind, this is Daytona, the armpit of Central Florida! It's not exactly "Palm Beach".......
FPC has never done an event there since.......
Cop was trying to save you for having your wife and your girlfriend in the same boat
Old 09-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fortunately he wasn't selling untaxed cigarettes, they kill you for that.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Cop was trying to save you for having your wife and your girlfriend in the same boat
hahaa.....I should clarify she was "my wife's female friend".....not bad on the eyes either!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Back in the early 90's in Hollywood , Fl ,I was delivering my race boat sponsors personal boat, that I had just serviced , back to Everglades Marina in Ft Lauderdale . Beautiful weekday with no boat traffic so I run hard all the way to Port Everglades.
I get to the no wake zone and after about 5 minutes , I hear a tiny siren. Here comes Marine Patrol in a old 23' Mako.
After reading me the riot act about running from the law , I ask him who the gentleman with the video camera is? The guy tells me he's from Channel 7 News doing a story on boating. I kindly ask him not to use the footage because I didnt want customers to get the wrong impression . He say's " dont worry , I've got plenty of of other shots".
That evening I went to my mom and dads for dinner and whats on the news ? " DEATH ON THE INTRACOASTAL" , starring me! The film of me disappearing in a roostertail while they gave chase was priceless.
My hope that no one was watching didnt last long . My phone was ringing within minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.