Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
so what does the 2016 SBI season hold in store? >

so what does the 2016 SBI season hold in store?

Notices

so what does the 2016 SBI season hold in store?

Old 01-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
It's definitely not NASCAR never said it was what I said was it's a much cheaper alternative for people to enjoy a sporting event with their family. Most people cannot afford to do major sporting events like boat racing for the price.

To call powerboat racing a major sporting event you're comparing it to other major sporting events like NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDY, PGA etc. Again those other events have schedules the entrants adhere too. They have full teams or entry lists. They have real sponsors, they have TV. The only boat racing event that can be considered major are some of the major sailboat races.

Sadly for powerboat racing it's the series promoters that produce classes and races that they and the entrants cannot support for a season with any field depth. Also some of the problem is the big splashy entrants that really do not have the money to enter these races for a season but talk large in the preseason.

Most of the above does not apply to the entrants in the production/support races.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are willing to listening, but someone needs to right a check along with the talk.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:20 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,735 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
They are willing to listening, but someone needs to right a check along with the talk.
Would that mean there was a bounced check?? or for someone to have a voice they have to "write" a check???
Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
I agree and I can respect that you dont want to sit in the cold stands of a football game. I dont either. but this is an important point. why do people go to those games? why do they pay to go to NASCAR? it is not the value, it is the perceived value. they go because they feel it it worth it for what ever reason they have. when you charge a gate fee at an offshore event or dont present the pits right, etc. there is no perceived value to the people that dont have a strong interest in the first place. you have to bring the people in and give them something that makes them get interested. there are ways to do that and smarter people than me can and will come up with plenty if only someone would listen and be open to new ideas. one thing that is severely lacking is advertising at the events. that is on SBI and I know that JC feels there is no value in media, my late wife battled that with him often. the problem with the tv shows is that they are boring. so is NASCAR 90% of the time but they edit together to make it seem better than it is. that is a product of lots of camera angles and good announcers.
as I have said, it is not that offshore cant be fixed but more that those that control it dont want to listen to new ideas or change the status quo.
All you have to do is go to the OPA St. Clair race to see what compedge is saying. Tiny, tiny little town that packs its streets on race weekend. They have venders, rides, sponsor tents, bands and just busting with family's walking around. It has been promoted as the place to be with lots to do with your family. Many people like the boat racing but its not the only thing they are there for. The value of a fun experience is outstanding for the fans and they come in droves.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
Would that mean there was a bounced check?? or for someone to have a voice they have to "write" a check???
Damn Pete you are sharp.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

St clair has been successful no matter who ran it .

SBI has been, and is continuing to promote via media .( past is past )
I know for a fact that TVcoverage IS what SBI is working very hard to bring to a reality .
It takes time .this year was better than last year and so next year will be better than this year

Starting another new org , is what some of you enjoy doing .doesn't seem to work tho .

Anyway lets see how these three shows go ,then move forward from there .
Old 01-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Registered

Promoting the race is done by the individual cities, not race organization.

You have cities like Cocoa Beach, Michigan City, and Clearwater that do a great job. The lack of fan participation at a race Falls on the promoters from each individual city not racee organizations.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
All you have to do is go to the OPA St. Clair race to see what compedge is saying. Tiny, tiny little town that packs its streets on race weekend. They have venders, rides, sponsor tents, bands and just busting with family's walking around. It has been promoted as the place to be with lots to do with your family. Many people like the boat racing but its not the only thing they are there for. The value of a fun experience is outstanding for the fans and they come in droves.
Tawas Michigan was the same way.very big enthusiastic crowd the whole weekend and that place was literally in the middle of nowhere . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1wfvPplngE
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Registered

Most cities do a great job, boat parades draw tons of people. The boat display on Duval Street in Key West is unbelievable, the boat races is one of the most profitable events the Key West has all year and that is directly from the city.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, Your late wife was awesome, she helped me kick start my career and was a huge assest to the offshore racing community and I am forever greatful, hope all is well with you my friend

Scotty B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.