Notices

Aluminum trailers

Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Manning or Myco. Can't go wrong with either of them.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

had a Manning built for one of my boats,boat I have now came with a Pacific,if I was looking for a trailer I would be calling Pacific.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015 platinum under my boat. I believe they are the same company as Nextrail. It's fine I guess for what it is, but I wouldn't put any of the I beam trailers in the same class as welded aluminum like Myco or Manning. I would take a steel trailer over any I beam any day, but I live a long way from salt.

Last edited by wfo1; 02-05-2016 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Brain failure
Old 02-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

when the OP said no to myco, my guess its because of price. He can confirm for sure. With that said, mannings are close to the cost of myco's. So that might not be a viable option. I'd seriously consider a real extreme. They are in Miami. It's a boot together but one of the nicer ones available. They don't cut corners and you can upgrade on wheels, I beams, tires, brakes, etc. you will find they are competitively priced. Likely sub 11k.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If investing in a new trailer that I wanted to be top of the line:
-Myco
-Manning
-Evolution Trailers looks to be an up & comer:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...xperience.html

I would not put a bolt-together aluminum trailer under a 40' long boat.
I have an EVO, nice trailer & well built.
I think you'll find most top manufactures use the same off the shelf components (hubs, wheels, axles & brakes) so it comes down to the quality & workmanship. Like the integral ramps Evo incorporates into their builds just in case you find the end of the boat ramp the hard way.

PS- I HIGHLY recommend the Goodyear G614 RST Tires over Marathons or others. 14ply, 110psi, no sidewall crush/flex. Worth the extra $$ IMO
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum trailers-20150403_143420.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 02-05-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Who besides Myco makes a great aluminum trailer ?? I am looking at a Baja 40 Outlaw and I need a trailer. It has to be heavy duty as the boat is big and heavy. Looking at Nextrail, Ameritrail. Any other ones out there I am missing ??

Edit : Myco and Manning are great trailers, but too pricey for me. Would like to be in the 10-12K range.

Thanks
Spend the money and go for a welded aluminum trailer.
ALL of the bolt-together aluminum trailers are a step BELOW the welded ones.

Source your own wheels & tires, HUNDREDS of threads on trailer tires. (BTW, don't by ST trailer tires.)
Also, make sure you go with EoH brakes as well.

Skimping on the trailer is not the place to save money on your boat purchase; ESPECIALLY if the boat is going to "live" on the trailer, and you will be towing it a lot.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I think you'll find most top manufactures use the same off the shelf components (hubs, wheels, axles & brakes) so it comes down to the quality & workmanship. Like the integral ramps Evo incorporates into their builds just in case you find the end of the boat ramp the hard way.

PS- I HIGHLY recommend the Goodyear G614 RST Tires over Marathons or others. 14ply, 110psi, no sidewall crush/flex. Worth the extra $$ IMO
I have no personal experience with Evo, but your shared info is what had me add them to the list.

And holy fark that's a helluva tire! Just looked it up, and I totally get where you are coming from.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, no bolted together trailers. I looked at the Evolution site and they look very nice. And offer really heavy duty stuff. I will call them for sure.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT

Big fan of the integral ramps for those "end of ramp" days....very nice.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Smitty
I agree, no bolted together trailers. I looked at the Evolution site and they look very nice. And offer really heavy duty stuff. I will call them for sure.
McClain also builds an aluminum welded trailer. But I can't recommend them after watching the one that a friend owned over several years. On the first launch, the bow-stop gouged the keel near the bow pretty bad. It was NO WHERE NEAR the quality of Myco or Manning. After getting the bow stop redone, it was great for year one, but everything after that went downhill. It got to the point where the whole ass end of the trailer had to be re-enforced and welded, from one side to the other.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550642[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum trailers-thunder.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-05-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.