Notices

Deleting beware threads

Old 03-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

When these threads appear, it's usually one side of a story between two disgruntled parties. Everyone chimes in with their own take on the scenario, rarely is there much evidence posted and the second party remains unseen.

If the problem is resolved and both parties are happy with the outcome, why keep dragging someone's name through the mud forever? Many people have seen the details and will remember the name, in my books, that's enough. Hold a grudge if you like but stop spreading it to others over something that is often not fairly represented by both sides.

Couple of recent ones I can think of, Ron Belk and his 42 Fountain. Eventually, the second party appeared and started to refute the claims. Neither party posted contracts or evidence, only verbal diarrhea. After several calls for evidence were met with nothing, mods locked the thread pending evidence/contracts from either party involved. Good call, the whole thread just made two people look like angry idiots.

Very recently, Smokin Gun posted his story on how he got dudded on some parts. After a bit of kicking around, his money has been refunded and the problem is now resolved. I presume the thread has now been deleted (I can't find it) and it's water under the bridge.

Keeping these threads active just promotes bickering and dramas on a friendly forum. If the issues are resolved or the thread just deteriorates into a mess of personalities, egos and hearsay then mods should delete/lock as they see fit.

My 2 cents.

RR
Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

So if you are buying so called brand new transom assemblies and outdrives and engines paying good money but cheaper or the same as a full blown marine dealer do you not think something is up as well ? So when you get these parts and there is no serial numbers on these parts - does that not set off a RED FLAG ? if you are buying online or guy(s) who do not have a dealership and guys who work out addresses not known would that be a RED FLAG ?

I also like the claim about this person who claims he was a big master certified tech - well the truth of the matter is this guy never turned a wrench on any marine engines. There is so much BS that this same guy has and I really would like to see when these cheaply priced OEM outdrives that are bought has an issue right off the bat. NO warranty period.

With that said if anyone who has bought from persons including this person who has something that might have a possible readable serial number on it (that should) and wants me to check it out - to see if in fact its a brand new product and if in fact you have a warranty thru Merc or if its a reman product sold as a lie being brand new or if its a stolen Merc item - just throw me your serial numbers and what that product is plus where you bought and from whom.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by BUP; 03-04-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

this is the beware section which means just that,someone giving us the heads up on a scammer,

for the guys that start and delete threads maybe OSO can add a section,maybe help me be whole again section??

so please if you start a thread to warn us from scammers then please do not delete it,,But if you are looking for OSO power to help you get your money back then post it somewhere else ,
Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
He'll of a coincidence.

Padraig
no coincidence,their have many threads deleted his is one of them, he is not special,it is not about him,
its about the rest of us that take time to reply and then wonder what happened to the thread and how do I get my time back that I wasted trying to help someone.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
really threads not about me .I find it odd I delete the thread at 10.30 and at 12.00 this one shows up
do NOT know when you deleted your thread,I do not follow your every move,dont really follow you at all,
Old 03-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
I hate when everyone gangs up on a guy no matter what you do your wrong
Hey,I am sure the other party you were blaming feels this way as well,
Old 03-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
this is the beware section which means just that,someone giving us the heads up on a scammer,

for the guys that start and delete threads maybe OSO can add a section,maybe help me be whole again section??

so please if you start a thread to warn us from scammers then please do not delete it,,But if you are looking for OSO power to help you get your money back then post it somewhere else ,
couple of things,1.karma is a biith.2.when it happens to you i,m sure you will practice what you preach NOT.3.who made you the dictator of who posts what where?4,now i think gordon might be right about you.5 give it up dude you are not the boss,hell you don,t even have a paid for membership!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
no coincidence,their have many threads deleted his is one of them, he is not special,it is not about him,
its about the rest of us that take time to reply and then wonder what happened to the thread and how do I get my time back that I wasted trying to help someone.
here is an idea,don,t waste your time responding because i am pretty sure nobody cares what you say anyway.for some reason i believe you will keep throwing dirt in the hole!btw it looks like gordon might be a good judge of character.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
couple of things,1.karma is a biith.2.when it happens to you i,m sure you will practice what you preach NOT.3.who made you the dictator of who posts what where?4,now i think gordon might be right about you.5 give it up dude you are not the boss,hell you don,t even have a paid for membership!
it has happen to me a couple of times but I got myself in the mess and I got myself out of it,I have been a member a lot longer than you and up until 4-5 months ago i was a paying Platinum member ,butI did not see the need to pay for a membership anymore because i really dont spent that much time on here,because of $hit like this,trust me its not about the money i can assure you that,
If you want pm your address and I can send you $50.00 ,its NOT a money thing,I can assure you that!
as far as practice what I preach?practice what?all I simply asked was for threads on the beware section not to be deleted so others dont get burned,if that is hard for you to understand then I dont know what else to say,

Last edited by boatnt; 03-04-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
here is an idea,don,t waste your time responding because i am pretty sure nobody cares what you say anyway.for some reason i believe you will keep throwing dirt in the hole!btw it looks like gordon might be a good judge of character.
I started the thread so I think I have the right to respond,
heres a idea,if you dont like the thread than you dont respond,hows that?

this thread was not started about a certain individual,if you and Smokin gun are friend thats great!but dont feel like you have to go out of your way to stick up for him because I am NOT attacking him,at all !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.