Old 04-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon01 - UGPM
Old 04-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon01
How big a hurry are you in to get a boat in hand?
I have an 88 272 that is in the middle of light resto - motors refreshed, interior, etc...
Power is 320 EFI's/Bravo 1's, I've seen 64 with 4 fat guys, 3/4 tank and 3 coolers. Had 650 hours on it, I doubt it slows any with rebuilds.
Comes on a newer aluminum triple axle trailer with 6 new tires and brakes on 2 axles.
We planned on keeping it and but both of us have gotten good promotions in the last year so thinking about upgrading.
Oh, I'm down in Des Moines so no need to worry about shipping.
im not looking to high jack this post, I tried Private message but you box is full. anyhow
Hi I have the same boat as you. I just bought it. Im curious if you could tell me at what rpm do those 320 efi spin at when you are wide open and what is the best speed you ever got?
Thanks
Jim
Old 04-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Registered

Hey Jim I'll send you a PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,047 Likes on 1,357 Posts

My buddies selling my old boat 1997 2252 Arriva, 454, this image is factory but his has the graphics changed, its gonna be around 19k
Attached Thumbnails Good Boats &lt; K-arriva-2252.jpg  
Old 04-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
ANy opinions on the Baja 280 with twin vortex 350's?
I would think that a 280 would be too much boat to tow with an F150. Real overall length of those boats is closer to 30 ft, because I don't think they counted the swim platform. I have an 88 Force 235, and it is closer to 25 ft by today's standards. Not the fastest hull around, and it would have really benefitted with a 24* deadrise, but the cockpit layout has a ton of space and the cabin has very good room, lots of storage, and a fridge and porta potti, which the wife likes.

The older 240 Sport Baja's are nice boats, but I hate the cuddy access on them - it's like crawling through an MRI tunnel. The newer 25 Outlaw has a much nicer cabin and better access, but the cockpit seems a little tight to me. I like more legroom between the front and rear seats, maybe room for a cooler.

Formula certainly makes a solid boat with a lot of usable room. I also think you should take a closer look at the Powerquests - I think they make a really nice boat. The 280 Silencer with the weekender package (fridge, microwave and shorepower) would be perfect for your needs, and probably still towable with a half-ton. If that is too big, step down to the 260 Prowler. I looked at the PQ's at the local boat show years ago, and I was impressed with the rigging for a reasonably priced boat.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Registered

If I find the right boat and it is bigger than what a 1/2 ton truck can haul, I can keep this boat docked locally until I find the right tow rig to move it around. I do however have a 30-32' limit based on dock space.

I've started looking at the powerquest but I have only seen them in a single screw, I do want twins which is why I was asking about the baja 280 with twins.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If I find the right boat and it is bigger than what a 1/2 ton truck can haul, I can keep this boat docked locally until I find the right tow rig to move it around. I do however have a 30-32' limit based on dock space.

I've started looking at the powerquest but I have only seen them in a single screw, I do want twins which is why I was asking about the baja 280 with twins.
Oh, OK, didn't realize you were wanting twins. If I was buying a twin engine boat in the 26-28 foot range, I would be very interested in something with twin small blocks with Bravos. That would be a very low-worry combination that would be turn-key for very many hours, and still probably give you good speed in a boat that size. I wouldn't necessarily be scared away by one with twin Alpha's either - they would probably hold up fine behind small blocks, and they are cheap to replace if one lets go.

PQ made a 29 with twin big blocks - 29 Enticer, I think. I also like the older Formula 291's, but that is a big boat. 271 is probably more in your size range.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always loved those Arriva boats. Even at 20 years old everything looks modern and current right down to the graphics.The way the exhaust exits the hull is a thing of beauty, looks like it should be on a Ferrari not a boat.

Last edited by partlowr; 04-13-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Registered

Thank-you all for this education. After chasing down all of your leads and suggestions which helped me gain clarity on what I wanted (and needed), I found myself choosing to go with the Formula 272 SR-1 with dual small blocks and B1's. It was through this thread that I found the actual boat and for that I am grateful to all of you and OSO.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank-you all for this education. After chasing down all of your leads and suggestions which helped me gain clarity on what I wanted (and needed), I found myself choosing to go with the Formula 272 SR-1 with dual small blocks and B1's. It was through this thread that I found the actual boat and for that I am grateful to all of you and OSO.
Congrats! Post some photos of her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.