Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need setup pros! Boat won't run what it's supposed to... >

Need setup pros! Boat won't run what it's supposed to...

Notices

Need setup pros! Boat won't run what it's supposed to...

Old 05-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I'm going to guess drive height, brand of drive lowers and props are factors.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would bet Its Like Equal says. Most times some one switches the props before you take possession of the boat. They put something on that works but keeps the better stuff themselves. Also from what Ive read the Maximus props aren't the best top end props. They are good for all around running.

Last edited by Nastybug; 05-10-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try a set of stock 36 Bravos and see where they get you compared to the 34 Maximus. Maximus are not usually great props for top end as others have said, it has been my experience also.

What is the max RPM the motors are supposed to turn, have the Maximus had any work done to them?

The fact that you have to trim the hell out of them seems to indicate they are to much prop for the boat. When you trim down and lose a lot of revs it is because the Maximus are hooking back up. Maybe you should try 32 or 34 Bravos. What RPM's do you get at WOT with them set at what should be the correct trim setting?

The previous owner could also be lying but either way sounds like you are overpropped.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you everyone for the responses. Basically everything on the boat is EXACTLY as it was when it left the factory. I've confirmed this with Nortech, the previous and only owner, the engine builder, etc. Same drives, same props, same drive height, same motors, same everything. That's why I'm left scratching my head. The boat was stored on stands at the previous dealership, so I'm going to check bottom true tonight...
Old 05-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Thank you everyone for the responses. Basically everything on the boat is EXACTLY as it was when it left the factory. I've confirmed this with Nortech, the previous and only owner, the engine builder, etc. Same drives, same props, same drive height, same motors, same everything. That's why I'm left scratching my head. The boat was stored on stands at the previous dealership, so I'm going to check bottom true tonight...
What about the toe on the drives JZ? Did NorTech have a spec for you?
Old 05-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Sounds like you may have developed some hook or rocker or both.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

Now I'm not a professional when it comes to hull setup, but I did get a six foot straight edge and check everything behind the last step. The boat seems to be straight as an arrow. I found one area that may have had about 3/32 of belly over 6', but as a whole it's straight as an arrow. Perhaps there's other details on the bottom I'm missing, but I didn't find anything staggering
Old 06-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you ever get anything figured out?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:31 PM
Registered

U get strayed out
Old 07-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Registered

How many hours total on the boat and props? I know that the props will fatigue with use and gain prop slip over time. I just replaced the props on my boat as they cracked from fatigue, not from hitting anything. I also had a conversation with Tres Martin when I took his class about how worn out props can cause a significant drop in speed due to higher slip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.