Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need setup pros! Boat won't run what it's supposed to... >

Need setup pros! Boat won't run what it's supposed to...

Notices

Need setup pros! Boat won't run what it's supposed to...

Old 07-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Fuel type or quality?
Old 07-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
I'm starting to pull my hair out. I bought an '06 Nortech 3900V that needed some TLC. Boat has sat for years and I'm finally getting it back to top condition. The boat is a full stagger with ITS, 555ci fuel injected Eddie Young motors making 700HP. They were just freshened (as in I just picked it up). The boat when new ran 97 MPH, I've confirmed this from a few people. With a few years age the original owner claims it became a 94-95 MPH boat every day. He confirmed the day he traded it in he remembers running the boat out and it was 100%. So here I am now and the boat struggles with 89 MPH. It's quick to get there but that's all that's in her. The thing that's confusing is the slip, to get the RPM up I have to trim decently high. I see 89 MPH at 5500RPM with 1.5 ratio spinning 34P Maximus props. That's 25% plus slip. The boat will not pull RPMs tucked in. If I trim it back in while running up top even a touch it scrubs speed and r's quickly. Any input welcome!
Try Bravos.

Also know you could dick around and spend thousands and never see 94.

89 is a very fast boat. and when I gave a bunch of people a ride in my boat at 89 they all swear we had to be going 100.

Hoping your purchase ultimately lives up to your expectations.

UD