Notices

Apache in cuba.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Isn't it just easier to go to Miami?

All the signs are in spanish and you can't understand anything anyone says. And all the women are Cuban.

Plus there are nicer hotels and places to eat on every block!

Key West to Havana is about the same as Palm Beach to Miami.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:43 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Isn't it just easier to go to Miami?

All the signs are in spanish and you can't understand anything anyone says. And all the women are Cuban.

Plus there are nicer hotels and places to eat on every block!

Key West to Havana is about the same as Palm Beach to Miami.
Not really as you will be crossing the gulf stream
Old 05-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Not really as you will be crossing the gulf stream
Which is just a little bumpier, depending on the weather. It really is not a huge deal.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Reason there was no go pro footage and all the videos of it doing the actual run are pulled down is because it was glass smooth the whole way and they were claiming 9 foot seas. They literally said they had blisters on there hands from throttling so much in the rough water.

I take my endurance runs pretty serious. I normally wouldn't call someone out this bad but I have given them every chance to tell the truth and they haven't.

I did lots of research the days prior to them doing the run, the day of run, the days after run.

First thing is weather reports: We have weather routing companies that we use that are really accurate. They all said it was 1 foot seas or less from start to finish. That there was no way it was bigger in the middle. The wind reports from 15 different companies showed 2 - 4 MPH wind from the south west that morning they did the run. Which that wind direction would be going with the current that goes between cuba and key west to not stack the water up.

First hand people on site: We talked to people that were in key west that morning, fishing charters that night asking them about the water conditions towards cuba that morning. Coast guard that was between keywest and cuba, commercial boats that were in the area, and people in cuba when they arrived. They all said the water was glass smooth and no wind (which all the pics and videos from that day show.)

Weather bouys: there are bouys between keywest and cuba that all showed hardly any wind and 0-1 waves and 0-2 occasional long duration swells.

Then comes the record time: The record was supposed to be from dock to dock and we made a chart of the spot tracker locations the whole way with average speed, distance, time, ect. and we gave them the benefit of doubt by starting our chart several miles away from the island and moving that direction and stopped our chart before they made it to cuba. According to the spot tracker it was more then 1 hour 50 minuites not counting each end. They say they did the record in 1 hour 30 min.

The spot tracker worked the whole way and it is gps based just like the ones in the boat so how did they "mysteriously loose all gps signals in the boat" or have there gps "blocked by the government"?

The video they uploaded a few days after the run and said "this is video from the run" showing how rough it was. If you watch the video there are a few problems. In the video the boat did not have the same stickers on the side that it did when it left key west or arrived in cuba. So they must have left the dock and stopped, pulled the stickers off, took the helicopter video, then stopped and put the stickers back on. Seems like a lot of work when your doing a record run. And if you pay closer attention the helicopter was on the starboard side of boat. The boat was running south west in the morning, how was the sun shinning on the starboard side? Could have been a big reflector on the helicopter for the photo shoot. The waves they are running in the video were cresting from the north-east which is backwards of what they should be according to the wind/wave/current reports.

There is a lot more wrong with the story but I will leave it there. Here is a chart of the spot tracker and a video link from cuba showing how smooth the water was.

The reason I take this pretty serious is because they say they averaged 90 MPH the whole way in rough seas. When they only really averaged in the 50 MPH range in smooth water. If I go to try to beat this record and its rough and I average 89 MPH I would not set the record?

https://youtu.be/G72t35FPS-Q

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556004[/ATTACH]
Hey, on a lot of posts here that kind of wave action is called "real 20's"
Old 05-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmm
Old 05-31-2016, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Went to havana just this past weekend. No problem

Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the question I have is with the information that is readily available to the world, i.e. what was posted by BSC, why would anyone try and deceive just to try to claim they broke a record? I dont thing there is any monitary gain in doing so.....or am I missing something?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:11 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Why do people way lie about their hp and GPS speeds ?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Why do people way lie about their hp and GPS speeds ?
Or the length of their............(boats)
Old 05-31-2016, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but the record was broken. I means hit, the record was like 50 years old. Not too difficult to break. Regardless of speeds or conditions, I think the record was broken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.