Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat. >

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Notices

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I found this post by Lake Cumberland Marine to their Instagram account to be quite contradicting..........haha

Old 06-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 79 Posts

Is that hull a cored hull? If it is , is it balsa core ?

Most likely the damage came from inproper bunk alinment from a trailer or a dock lift , since the damage is on both sides.
Repeated mishandling of the forks at an in or out can cause damage too but it usually appears up forward .

What I don't understand on a boat of this caliber, why would you not have a proper repair done to it. So that the issue was not discovered and have it blow a sale..

Even if it was discovered and than told to the new purchaser that they would fix it for their costs, I would bet many on here would run from the purchase .

If it is not a cored hull couple grand would fix that I would think.

They got lucky and happened Across I out of town buyer.

Last edited by tommymonza; 06-07-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nuke427
Matt Garland hereÖ.previous owner of the NT.

As I read through the issue(s) happening with the boat I am not even sure how or if itís proper to respond. However, I am in a similar situation with a recent purchase and although I havenít - I often contemplate reaching out directly to the previous owner to askÖ..Did you know about this issue??

Before I get to far down the road I want to let it be known that in any repair that was made on my behalf I have never asked for the cheap way out or to cut any corner. I have never sacrificed a single dollar for the easy way nor would I ever attempt to mislead another individual by covering up the facts. We powerboaters play on a very small island and itís important to me that my name, credibility and trustworthiness are maintained.

With that being said I am no handy man like 3/4 of the members on here and I rely heavily on those individuals and businesses in the industry to guide me through repairs/upgrades/purchases, etc. When I pay for something I like to think that my money is going to someone who has the knowledge and capability to steer me in the right direction.

The facts on the NT is that I did contract for repairs on the hull (to my knowledge I have never hit anything). After asking around I was informed that hull stress is a common occurrence and I was advised that these stress points could be fully repaired. So not only did I authorize to have those issues corrected I also gave my approval to correct any issue that may be present on the hull. At no time was there any attempt to ďjust do the minimumĒ or to basically cover over some issue that would be passed onto the next person. Thatís just not the way I operate.

My assumption, was that the repair I paid for was sound and it corrected the issue once and for all. Regardless if I kept the boat or if it sold I was confident that the issue was resolved. To hear of your story I am truly sorry to learn that you are having problems. Whether that is from the repairs I paid for, or new issues, or anything in between.

If I would have met you prior to the sale I would have looked you in the eye and told you that the boat is in great shape Ė itís been a workhorse for several years. I have made repairs. I have spared no expense. AND I expect NO issues.

These are the facts and at no point of the process have I withheld any information to any individual regarding this boat. I found an issue Ė I paid for an issue and I disclosed said issue.

This brings us to today. You donít know me and I donít know you. But I would challenge you to ask around in the community to anyone who knows me or has seen me care for that boat. I have always done what is right. If there is an issue I correct it. If there is maintenance due itís done. There are no exceptions. When I listed that boat I had a clear conscience that every repair I have paid for was done to its fullest and that that issue was fully remediated. Period.

Mr. Parker, with the above I would ask that you please declare your intent with my name.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 79 Posts

Interesting.

Date and costs to do the repair that is being shown?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 714 Likes on 315 Posts

Nice to see the previous owner on here, kudos to you.

The plot thickens but I think it is between the two interested party's now they have contact with each other. Hopefully everything can be discussed openly between the two and if there is some wrong doing by anyone, perhaps some form of assistance wil be forthcoming.

RR
Old 06-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 257 Likes on 138 Posts

Strakes take a beating. Not unusual to see them damaged, especially on lakes that are prone to floating debris like LOTO and Cumberland. You'd be surprised what you can hit and not know about it especially running at speed.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nuke427, clear your private messages.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:56 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke427 View Post
I just posted a Google review for Lake Cumberland.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...5ef437420313,1
File a complaint with the BBB they have always gotten money back for me. If the company cares about the rating anyways.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kilo, Can you provide the name of the shop that did the "repairs"? It would be very useful to know for everyone on here so that we can avoid them.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kilo,

Did you use the boat after the repairs? If so, did you inspect after use? You come across as a straight shooter, but so did Scott Nagy DDS and Jeff Wilson with Marine Tech Concepts when they screwed me on a purchase. You don't seem like them and may be able to help out a bit here if you care too.

Not that the OP would ever want the guy whom did your repair fix it because it obviously wasn't done correctly, but have you taken time to pick up the phone and call the repair shop you used and ask WTH? I think they are the ones to go after here but you would have to do it on behalf of the new owner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.