Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat. >

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Notices

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't this survey be the property of the original client and is it proper for a surveyor to share a previous clients report?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Nuke,

Would you know if the Bill Burke is from the Cincinnati area? If he is Hamilton County, Ohio Clerk of Courts and Butler County, Ohio Clerk of Courts website has some interesting reads - William Burke, Burke Power and Burke Alarm. Beautiful boat! You'll get it straightened and don't look back!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Ugh
Old 06-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a freaking mess.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmb
File a complaint with the BBB they have always gotten money back for me. If the company cares about the rating anyways.
This is always worth a try. I always pull a BBB report before making a major purchase or even before contracting for a business
Old 06-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo
Nuke427
Matt Garland here….previous owner of the NT.

As I read through the issue(s) happening with the boat I am not even sure how or if it’s proper to respond. However, I am in a similar situation with a recent purchase and although I haven’t - I often contemplate reaching out directly to the previous owner to ask…..Did you know about this issue??

Before I get to far down the road I want to let it be known that in any repair that was made on my behalf I have never asked for the cheap way out or to cut any corner. I have never sacrificed a single dollar for the easy way nor would I ever attempt to mislead another individual by covering up the facts. We powerboaters play on a very small island and it’s important to me that my name, credibility and trustworthiness are maintained.

With that being said I am no handy man like 3/4 of the members on here and I rely heavily on those individuals and businesses in the industry to guide me through repairs/upgrades/purchases, etc. When I pay for something I like to think that my money is going to someone who has the knowledge and capability to steer me in the right direction.

The facts on the NT is that I did contract for repairs on the hull (to my knowledge I have never hit anything). After asking around I was informed that hull stress is a common occurrence and I was advised that these stress points could be fully repaired. So not only did I authorize to have those issues corrected I also gave my approval to correct any issue that may be present on the hull. At no time was there any attempt to “just do the minimum” or to basically cover over some issue that would be passed onto the next person. That’s just not the way I operate.

My assumption, was that the repair I paid for was sound and it corrected the issue once and for all. Regardless if I kept the boat or if it sold I was confident that the issue was resolved. To hear of your story I am truly sorry to learn that you are having problems. Whether that is from the repairs I paid for, or new issues, or anything in between.

If I would have met you prior to the sale I would have looked you in the eye and told you that the boat is in great shape – it’s been a workhorse for several years. I have made repairs. I have spared no expense. AND I expect NO issues.

These are the facts and at no point of the process have I withheld any information to any individual regarding this boat. I found an issue – I paid for an issue and I disclosed said issue.

This brings us to today. You don’t know me and I don’t know you. But I would challenge you to ask around in the community to anyone who knows me or has seen me care for that boat. I have always done what is right. If there is an issue I correct it. If there is maintenance due it’s done. There are no exceptions. When I listed that boat I had a clear conscience that every repair I have paid for was done to its fullest and that that issue was fully remediated. Period.

Mr. Parker, with the above I would ask that you please declare your intent with my name.
Who did the repairs? Appears from the sale pictures the boat was "set" on the trailer as it was sitting back nearly a foot from the nose rest and the hook and wire wasn't attached to the front eye. So the boat was off the trailer at Cumberland. Did Lake Cumberland do the repair since Dan stated you get all your stuff done with them? I know for a fact you participated in a Poker run in Florida in Oct. 2015 and there is no possible way it was on this hull. I know for a fact this boat was never driven with a ripple of a wave on this hull in the condition when I bought it. Please give me an answer. This is a small community and looks like your reputation is counting on it.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke427
Who did the repairs? Appears from the sale pictures the boat was "set" on the trailer as it was sitting back nearly a foot from the nose rest and the hook and wire wasn't attached to the front eye. So the boat was off the trailer at Cumberland. Did Lake Cumberland do the repair since Dan stated you get all your stuff done with them? I know for a fact you participated in a Poker run in Florida in Oct. 2015 and there is no possible way it was on this hull. I know for a fact this boat was never driven with a ripple of a wave on this hull in the condition when I bought it. Please give me an answer. This is a small community and looks like your reputation is counting on it.

100% Mr platinum rep... time to shine.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Nuke 427 Was the repair disclosed in any pre-sale or sale documentation? Salesperson "bring up" any recent work?
Old 06-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Nuke 427 Was the repair disclosed in any pre-sale or sale documentation? Salesperson "bring up" any recent work?
No, only thing brought up was how anal previous owner was about this boat.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:39 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^ You mean was the cheap cover up cob job repair that a middle schooler did in art class with 25 bucks disclosed ? Sure do not think so.

So why do I keep running my big mouth because crap like this takes good boaters out of boating for good because they can NOT get their boat properly fixed or shaddy stuff like this is done to them. Overtime they look at it is why bother to even own a boat anymore - time to get out for good and find a better cheaper hobby. I see stuff like this somewhat and really bad boat repairs along with alot of miss stuff as well on a weekly basis, The end user has not one ounce of trust anymore in any marine industry areas including even with the good shops LIKE WHAT I PROVIDE.

Last edited by BUP; 06-07-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.