Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat. >

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Notices

The joys of buying a used six figure performance boat.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil
Nuke427, I just saw your "new to you" boat last Friday at Terry's Marine and it is a beautiful boat. This situation sucks but Terry will have it repaired as new and you can enjoy the rest of the summer in your dream boat.
Thanks ozarkdevil! I'm experiencing dejavu all over again from when I parked it at Parker Marine for 50 days! The rent is a little higher at Terry's!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke427
Thanks Smarty. During my second conversation with Candido, LCM salesman, I asked "don't you feel a little guilty?" He implied he did and I said well I need help. He told me he would speak with the General Manager and call me back. Guess what, no call. Finally contacted him and he said he doesn't know what they are supposed to do they didn't even own the boat. I said you sold it and you made money on it. This got nowhere. So, all I can do is tell the story and fix my boat. Anyone in the market I would advise to just go overboard on the inspections. Thanks for the responses.
You are welcome, keep this thread alive as to exactly what needs repair, repair cost, what if any LCM does to cure your problem, and how the boat turns out, top speeds achieved, ect.

Time for bed, goodnight, I hope things do work out for you.

Stephen

Last edited by Smarty; 06-07-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling grammar
Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has there ever been anything like an "Angie's List" on this board? Sort of an honest "good, better, best" of all boat related services.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:00 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

read thru the reviews and Mr Matt is one happy customer for the sale of his boat 2 months ago hmmm wonder why that would be.

Anyways some very unhappy customers as well and recently.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...5ef437420313,1,,

With that said 3 people involved here - past owner / selling dealer / surveyor IMO 2 out of these 3 knew all about the damage and possible all 3. But money is more important to them. The selling dealer makes 10 % of the final sale in on most cases and whatever costs that occurred while they have it in their hands plus extra charges always apply. ie: Storage, cleaning detailing, service work, fuel, batteries, winterizations and summerizations - paperwork charges, admin fees and filing fees and so on and so on.

So possible 15 to 20 K for them basically say sign here . I would have to ask being in the boat biz how in the world could they miss this damage or not even seen it when they did make ready and or any service on the drives / engines and so forth. Must have blind employees thru out even in the sales department. Really would hate to take my boat there for any work.

To consign someones boats you still have to give at the very least a once over and start engines and shift the drives along with check out certain conditions so your sales team knows what they have and what they are selling plus rep the product to even put a market value on it so it has chance in hell to sell and can move as quick as possible off the lot. Thats how they make money in volume but also need to keep a good name for themselves to continue building a referral base as well.

Think about any big name boat dealership are they going let anyone bring in their boat no matter of condition or damage and not at least look it over once even raise the engine hatches to make sure the damn engines are in the the engine compartment, are they not going to look at the drives and at least spin the props once by HAND and so on ?

Who runs a business this way yeah bring your piece chit down here and will sell for you at full market valve we dont even have to look at it nor make sure or care if its runs or floats or sinks. We will just have our sales team say its 100 % ready to go - SOLD here is your keys bye .WTF seriously and their recourse is sorry it was nt our boat and it all looked good to me and still does , not even their problem but they got their 15 to 20 K . Lying lazy azz greedy people of today

Last edited by BUP; 06-07-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Registered

Well said.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:53 AM
Registered

I just posted a Google review for Lake Cumberland.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...5ef437420313,1

Last edited by Nuke427; 06-07-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

If the surveyor is an approved sams surveyor, you can get hold of them and file a complaint. Basically he didnt survey the boat flr you as you said he sent it to you,did he charge you for the survey at all? Follow the trail of money.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nuke427
I just posted a Google review for Lake Cumberland.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...5ef437420313,1
I bought a hot tub a number of years ago from a dealer of a California based manufacturer...yeah I know, certainly not in your 140K league. I'm in Canada. First 8 months of owning the tub it was broken more than it worked. It got to the point where the dealer would no longer return calls or show for service appointments. I, as a rule refuse to go on Facebook...but after 8 months of frustrations I broke my own rules and posted on the manufacturers page documentation of the communication I had had between dealer and manufacturer to that point. I got a phone call from the owner of the manufacturing company within 10 minutes of the post and a new hot tub arrived 3 days later out of California.
With that said, enough other posts have been made covering pretty much all the angles on this, my only question would be what would possess you to commit to a 140K luxury expenditure without seeing it in detail with your own eyes? Caveat Emptor
Old 06-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Registered

Unfortunately this is not even exclusive to used boats. Anyone whose ever worked at a new boat dealer knows what damage your $15/hr clowns can do in the yard or with a body saw in their hand. "Just fix it before the customer see's it". It's an absolute joke. And was said earlier it's all about closing for funds. Used or consignment ... Forget it... Foamed floors.. Bypassed alarms... Oil in cylinders to raise compression...Galvanized paint to cover up ****ty trailers.. Yeah the lights all work.. Lol.. Is the engine knock normal... Absolutely it's a two stroke not a bad rod bearing... Allot of shoty work is done by the request of an owner(cheap service customer).. A seller not wanting to spend any money he/she feels they are already losing. Or said business owner who wants to get paid. And then there's poor tech who can't sleep at night but needs a job. Bottom line, do your homework because it's Everyman for themselves.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete35Fountain
I bought a hot tub a number of years ago from a dealer of a California based manufacturer...yeah I know, certainly not in your 140K league. I'm in Canada. First 8 months of owning the tub it was broken more than it worked. It got to the point where the dealer would no longer return calls or show for service appointments. I, as a rule refuse to go on Facebook...but after 8 months of frustrations I broke my own rules and posted on the manufacturers page documentation of the communication I had had between dealer and manufacturer to that point. I got a phone call from the owner of the manufacturing company within 10 minutes of the post and a new hot tub arrived 3 days later out of California.
With that said, enough other posts have been made covering pretty much all the angles on this, my only question would be what would possess you to commit to a 140K luxury expenditure without seeing it in detail with your own eyes? Caveat Emptor
I did see the boat with my own eyes, on the trailer couldn't see any issues, a good coverup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.