Notices

Wife backed into the boat

Old 06-07-2016, 05:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar experience several years ago that involved my Silverado HD and NOT my boat.

During boating season, the boat is parked at the top of my driveway parallel to my 2 car garage. I had been away for a week deer hunting so the boat was in storage and my truck had been gone as well. Monday morning comes, my wife leaves for work and 2 minutes later she comes back in the house crying and repeating ****, ****, I can't believe what I just did. Turns out for the past week she was using the full width of the driveway to back her BMW out of the garage, turn around and head down the driveway. She forgot I was back home and my truck was now parked in its usual spot. She backs out just like she did for the past week and rams right into the side of my truck where the pillar is between the front and rear doors doing a lot of damage to both the truck and her BMW.

We are still glad it was the truck and not the boat as it would have done extensive damage to both the boat and trailer.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:06 AM
Registered

Thanks for the laughs everyone. For the record im not even that mad at the wife. More pissed at how slow the insurance co is being. Like i said i cant open the door which is basically wire tie'd to the track to keep it half ass secured. Would be pretty easy to break in if a dbag really wanted to and i have ALOT of $ in here. My garage is pretty much my man cave. Its even air conditioned. Funny part is i moved the boat out saturday for my sons bday party. When i put it back in saturday night i got it closer to the wall and air compressor then i normally do. I figured it wasnt hurting anything and left it there. Had the boat been in its normal spot it wouldn't have hit the air compressor and done any damage to the swim platform. So kinda pissed at myself as well. Live and learn but rest assure we will get it fixed and laugh about it

Btw. The wife has now backed into the house and the garage. When we first bought the house she backed out of the garage straight into the corner of the house with the jeep.

I think when im giving my son driving lessons this summer, she may come along for a refresher course. Lol. She already told me she cant wait till friday night when my buddies come over and give her **** about it
Old 06-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well guys, I've had both the ex wife & the new one hit ****. Ex wife was backing up out of my parking lot, turned the wheel too early and hit a utility pole that she had parked too close to with a car that was 2 months old. Ex wife also tore both mirrors off of another new car that I had gotten her, tore the drivers side off on the garage while backing out, and on another occasion tore the passenger side off on the wheel well of my pickup. The last new car that I got her before we split up was a new Durango. Picked it up on a Monday night, and on Tuesday she hit a deer, or it hit her (fawn ran into the right front wheel - no damage). Friday of the same week she hit another deer which wiped out the front clip. Maybe that's one of the many reasons she's the ex... Hmmmmm

The new one (not wife yet) really hasn't done too many dumb things to my cars, bike or boat. She did back into her son's car with her car that she's just had for 6 months. Only had some rub marks on the bumper which could be (and were) buffed out by me.

What they both have in common is that I get some really good action when they eff up!

Last edited by offshore312; 06-07-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

My GF has dented both of my trucks in the last year.
I guess that's what I get for totaling her Firebird years ago:

Old 06-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My gf was in the garage and figured she'd pick up whatever it was under the back of my sport bike. My sport bike had a sheet over it and that thing she picked up was the handle for the bike stand. I had the rear wheel off the bike for a tire change. So, she gives it a good tug, the handle flies up, bike falls down, and falls over against my cruiser, thankfully not doing much damage. She cut her hand on the license plate and was upset about the whole thing. It was an honest mistake. I consoled her and occasionally give her **** about it.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ahh the things we have to put up with....
Old 06-07-2016, 10:45 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

you are a lucky man to survive that kind of impact!
Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Is this why your called Sydwayz? LOL
Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Is this why your called Sydwayz? LOL
May or may not.
I also may or may not have recently purchased drift trike as well.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Registered

Still no call back from insurance yet. I called yesterday and was told it would be 48 hours before they called me. We did get an estimate on the car. Not sure what the plan is there. Its a 91 olds cutlass. I bought it a few years ago with 35k miles. Owned by an elderly lady. Nice car, but because of its age not sure what they will do with it. Body shop said they would turn the estimate to the insurance co. Calling around today to get some estimates on the garage door. Its commerical door so doubt anyone will have one in stock. Think the compressor is fixable. Looks like it just broke the intake line. Plan to get the prop off tonight and drop it off to have looked at tomorrow. Supoosed to be sunny and 90 this weekend. Looks like we will sweat our ass off at the race track instead of boating i guess. (Son races gokarts).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.