Water leak advice needed. video and pictures included >

Water leak advice needed. video and pictures included

Notices

Water leak advice needed. video and pictures included

Old 07-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak advice needed. video and pictures included

I just bought this boat 2 weekends ago. had it out to see how she ran on Saturday ran great. noticed that the bilge pump would come on roughly every few minutes. after some further inspection noticed this while sitting still. Not the news I wanted after just spending money to buy the boat.

Last edited by RGPIII; 07-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bellows?
Old 07-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Registered

if thats all it is i will honestly be quite happy. but it doesn't seem to be coming from the normal bellows spot. it is well below the driveshaft and on the opposite side of the shift bellow.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Registered

It definitely looks like your transom is soft and lost the clamping force of the inner/outer transom assemblies. Just went through this with my boat. Only other things that low are the lower trim hoses and exhaust block off plate. Hope it's one of those causing it and not the first I mentioned.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 90nova
It definitely looks like your transom is soft and lost the clamping force of the inner/outer transom assemblies. Just went through this with my boat. Only other things that low are the lower trim hoses and exhaust block off plate. Hope it's one of those causing it and not the first I mentioned.
damn that's what i'm fearing the most honestly. I've only had it out once since buying it, really don't want to tear it apart and spend what looks like at least $6000 to repair that.

Last edited by RGPIII; 07-27-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's that soft to be leaking like that you should be able to grab the drive while the boat is on the trailer and see the glass on the outer transom flex when you pull up hard on the drive.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by indysupra
If it's that soft to be leaking like that you should be able to grab the drive while the boat is on the trailer and see the glass on the outer transom flex when you pull up hard on the drive.
that's whats odd it doesn't move. i have tried moving them up and down and side to side by hand no play at all. i will be there again tomorrow to put some more pressure on it and watch to see if it moves.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Registered

Mine didn't move either, the rot was concentrated in the lower corner by lower mounting bolt. It was a saltwater bolt and had corrosion on the transom assembly that couldn't be seen until I removed it. Ran it 2 seasons like that so I'm sure you can get through this season if you keep an eye on it.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 90nova
Mine didn't move either, the rot was concentrated in the lower corner by lower mounting bolt. It was a saltwater bolt and had corrosion on the transom assembly that couldn't be seen until I removed it. Ran it 2 seasons like that so I'm sure you can get through this season if you keep an eye on it.
id much rather not be running the boat with this leak. if i can get it to stop leaking by tightening the bolts and adding some sealant to the outside of the transom ill run it the rest of the season then pull the drives and engines to have the transom rebuilt.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it a bravo boat. It could be the water pick up tube. They get old and crack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.