Dock etiquette when starting your engine >

Dock etiquette when starting your engine

Notices

Dock etiquette when starting your engine

Old 09-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

"Sorry, we'll be quick"

Many years ago when Texoma was covered in Fountains and at any time there were 4+ per dock on lifts, people didn't blink when they fired up. Except one. Staggered 42 with above transom dry pipes and 950's. They sounded like a bomb went off when they fired. The adjacent dock got used to it but someone would always fall out of a chair, knock a table over etc. Became a (not very funny) joke at times. They guy would even push it mostly out of the slip to get out quicker. Loved it!
Old 09-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Papasmurf your sleeper sounds amazing. I bet its a lot of fun.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Papasmurf
Yea, your correct. LKN is becoming a tooner lake for sure
I got to visit my buddy over the 4th of July weekend on Lake Norman. You are correct, there was nothing but wake boats and tooners everywhere. Saw a handful of performance boats the whole weekend. We did have fun running around in his new tritoon with twin 300's though and to see the look on peoples faces when they saw it was priceless. People are sheltered on that lake when it comes to powerboats, so I can understand why yours would get attention with it sounding so healthy.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Papasmurf
You should find one of those cool mufflers those kids with the Honda Accords have . Those are around 3 liters and sound pretty cool
I've heard it only adds power if you install the sticker from the box though.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing sounds awesome.

I wish my HOs were rowdy enough to scare people :-/
Old 09-20-2016, 12:25 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

At mitendorfs in manshack Louisiana the dock is kind a bit high sometime with the tide. pipes were under the dock and it was open all the way under the outside covered seating area. the people eating watched up walk out get in the boat to leave.(hint its about to start up) cracked it off cold and one lady drink went all over here as she watches us. she was cracking up saying I knew it was coming.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BIGSLOW
I got to visit my buddy over the 4th of July weekend on Lake Norman. You are correct, there was nothing but wake boats and tooners everywhere. Saw a handful of performance boats the whole weekend. We did have fun running around in his new tritoon with twin 300's though and to see the look on peoples faces when they saw it was priceless. People are sheltered on that lake when it comes to powerboats, so I can understand why yours would get attention with it sounding so healthy.
I know that tooner! He is at Cocktail Cove most weekends. Nice tooner. Havent gotten a chance to play yet, but I feel sure we will be leaving some place at the same time one day
Old 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
That thing sounds awesome.

I wish my HOs were rowdy enough to scare people :-/
Throw 10K each at them..................They will!
Old 09-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wheels61
Papasmurf your sleeper sounds amazing. I bet its a lot of fun.
We do have a lot of fun with it so far. I have to come up from behind most "performance boats" to get a run outta of them. You can tell which ones are stock when you get along side them. They hear that exhaust note, and suddenly racing a bowrider wasnt such a great idea.

The bass boats are the most fun so far. Those guys are NUTS !
Old 09-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Once is plenty, EVERYONE will find the minutetist detail to be to be offended about now-a-days, so F* 'em anyway.

Those that you give warning to and say "it's ok" simply think you're being a show off and deserve to spill their children out of their stroller.

That's how I really feel!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.